SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#15570 - 06/03/06 08:54 AM Special thank you to Dave McMahan !!!
Giovanni Offline

Loc: Norwich Norfolk England
My XP module arrived about a week ago .

I must say a special big thank you to Dave "on the other side of the world " for his interest and help with the Gem Product .

Let me tell you folks a digital Concerto is very difficult to midi up correctly to a midi keyboard /expander due to so much midi data flowing from the Concerto into other midied equipment and totally confusing the poor expander .
With the concerto it is not possible to disable the system exclusive messages as the Concerto would stop functioning correctly .

Dave took this problem on board and sent many e mails to the dealer who sold me the XP and Dave came up with a number of solutions .
He has never seen or heard of the Concerto DA200 midi /accoustic accordion .
The Gem XP has approx 120 midi filters so that various aspects of the concerto signals could be blocked so as not to confuse the XP module .

Result ... Just what I've been looking for with an expander .

Once I get the hang of the expander I will be happy to send in a little report .

Regards ..............Giovanni (Norwich Norfolk England)
Ps , for you owners of conventional midi accordions the Xp will midi up very easily as it has two presets designed just for "normal midi accordions "

#15571 - 06/03/06 09:54 AM Re: Special thank you to Dave McMahan !!!
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
Hip Hooray Giovanni Congratulations on receiving your XP! I expect to see daily reports. I would especially like to hear about how the XP performs on a gig, especially the navigation of it while someone is standing in front of you waiting for the next tune.
Di nuovo, congratulazioni e buona fortuna con il XP.
Ciao,
Jerry (who has yet to see an XP )

#15572 - 06/03/06 11:05 AM Re: Special thank you to Dave McMahan !!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Giovanni,

It has been my pleasure to help you get things up and running. I am glad you feel that the Genesys XP will work well for you.

I am looking forward to receiving a Genesys XP soon; they should be arriving in the US very shortly via air freight (which should make Jerry T happy).

If you have further questions please feel to contact me.

Best Regards,

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
Nat'l Product and Support Manager
Generalmusic USA
GEM Community Forums

#15573 - 06/04/06 08:43 AM Re: Special thank you to Dave McMahan !!!
donpatt Offline

Loc: Lufkin, TX.
Hi Giovanni

Congrats on your new XP! How long did it take to get it?

Are you using any footswitches with the unit? I know there is a six switch pedal listed as an accesory to the Genesys line, however, I'm told that this is not avaiable in the US. I wonder if it is available in the UK?

Kind Regards
Don

#15574 - 06/04/06 10:05 AM Re: Special thank you to Dave McMahan !!!
Giovanni Offline

Loc: Norwich Norfolk England
Hi Don , I ordered the unit at the end of January 2006 it arrived about a week ago .
They say the delay was because I ordered it with a 40gig hard drive as per the artical in the keyboard player magazine , this was in fact an error in printing as the Italian factory seem to know nothing about a extra large hard drive & left my order on the back burner so to speak.
In the end They sent it over on special delivery to the Uk .
In answer to your question I ordered the XP with the 6pedal foot switch .
It works fine .
The part number code :- 970.464
I have to say that the Expander and the 6 pedal foot switch are very well made and appear very robust , something that is essential when taking them out on gigs .

it comes with a very good quality canvas padded carrying case .

I've always been a "Technics boy " so I have to get used to a different operating system .
The good thing is that there is a lot of expertise with Dave and members of the Gem group .
It will be a learning curve and I expect I'll ask a lot of pretty dumb questions until I'm up to speed .

regards ............giovanni

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online