SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#14904 - 01/23/05 07:01 AM Genesys Pro Oriental
Christian_1 Offline

Hi,
How does the Genesys Pro Oriental sounds compared to the original Genesys Pro? Is it much diffrent?
Best regards,
Christian

#14905 - 01/24/05 08:03 AM Re: Genesys Pro Oriental
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
All of the original sounds are still in the Genesys Pro Oriental. Generalmusic has just arranged a pre-set group of sounds which are all middle eastern. However, all the sounds that were in this group in the normal genesys pro are still available for you to add into a user catagory.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#14906 - 01/24/05 11:36 AM Re: Genesys Pro Oriental
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
Is it possible to load the oriental stuff in my genesys pro (even to replace the normal things)?

I heard that they add 64 Mb of flash ram (as the genesys xp)

but, what the users of the genesys pro can do to upgrade to this?

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#14907 - 01/24/05 11:44 AM Re: Genesys Pro Oriental
to the genesys Offline

Also, would the quarter tone function be available eather on an OS up date for the genesys pro if a customer wants or would it be their on the genesys xp?

#14908 - 01/25/05 06:03 AM Re: Genesys Pro Oriental
Christian_1 Offline

Hi,
Thanks for that info!
And for you Genesys, the Genesys XP, is it the same as the Genesys Pro except its a module? Or has it bigger waverom?

#14909 - 01/25/05 09:31 AM Re: Genesys Pro Oriental
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Christian_1:
Hi,
Thanks for that info!
And for you Genesys, the Genesys XP, is it the same as the Genesys Pro except its a module? Or has it bigger waverom?

Hi:
My understanding is that
"Genesys Expander xp; Multimedia Desktop Expander The Genesys XP is the newest milestone from the successful GEM Genesys Line. With the XP, the incredibly
powerful and feature-packed multimedia workstation Genesys is now also available in a compact Expander size, with more wonderful sounds, fantastic samples,
a bigger hard disk and vast connection possibilities.
128 MB Memory
128 MB memory makes Genesys XP a near endless sound resource: 64 MB for the internal sounds, 32 MB new samples and additional 32 MB for the user-section,
for your personal, favourite samples.
20 GB Hard disk
Genesys XP can handle hard disks IDE 2,5´´ up to 20GB - a lot of space for MIDI data, MP3, waves and audio recordings.
Song Player, Recording Studio and CD Burner."

This was not from the official General Music web page but I got it from http://www.musicbase.ch/shop/product_info.php?cPath=100_101&products_id=4956
If you are familiar with the Genesys pro, then you may or may not think that the module is a power house. My understanding is that the XP is not yet available in the U.S as yet. I hope it comes here soon!!

#14910 - 01/25/05 09:25 PM Re: Genesys Pro Oriental
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
To upgrade a current Genesys to the Genesys oriental you would have to replace the main CPU board. I don't know how much this might cost. I was told this by Generalmusic engineers.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online