SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#14887 - 10/26/02 08:53 AM Genesys questions for Chis A
NEWNEW Offline

I want an arranger keyboard for song writing and studio production for Country, Pop Rock, Latin (Pop), and R&B. My two main desires from the keyboard are:

- Top Notch EXCELLENT sounds
- LOTS of drum styles and rhythms

(1) Will the Genesys fill this need?

(2) Will there be more of the music styles mentioned above programed for the Genesys by you and others for download?

(3) Will we have to wait for NAMM for the 61 key Genesys with no speakers (or will it be out before NAMM)?

(4) Will anything new make it the speaker less Genesys (i.e. DRAKE)?

(5) Any chance for an 88 note version? If so when?

(6) How is the 64 meg of flash RAM allocated? Is it all for sounds? If not then how much for

- System OS
- Sounds
- etc...
- Is the 16 meg of sample RAM included in this 64 meg? Or is it 64 meg of flash RAM and 16 meg of sample RAM?

Thanks
Mike

#14888 - 10/28/02 04:04 PM Re: Genesys questions for Chis A
Chris A Offline

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ,
(2) Will there be more of the music styles mentioned above programed for the Genesys by you and others for download?

Generalmusic's software division provides styles for all current and past products including some free downloads. Go to http://www.musicmediasoft.com to see what's available. At the moment there are no new Genesys-specific styles but all WK8/WK4 styles will work on the Genesys.

(3) Will we have to wait for NAMM for the 61 key Genesys with no speakers (or will it be out before NAMM)?

This instrument is expected to be launched around the time of Winter NAMM.

(4) Will anything new make it the speaker less Genesys (i.e. DRAKE)?

There will be some new features in the Genesys pro but these will also be made available for the regular Genesys at that time.

(5) Any chance for an 88 note version? If so when?

There are plans for a home piano style 88 key version but not for a portable, (which would not be very portable at all!)

(6) How is the 64 meg of flash RAM allocated? Is it all for sounds? If not then how much for

- System OS
- Sounds
- etc...
- Is the 16 meg of sample RAM included in this 64 meg? Or is it 64 meg of flash RAM and 16 meg of sample RAM?

There is a single 64 Mbyte block of RAM for sounds only, (styles, o.s and other stuff resides in separate flash area). Of this, 48 Mbytes has been filled from the factory leaving 16 Mbytes free for adding your own sounds.

#14889 - 10/28/02 07:32 PM Re: Genesys questions for Chis A
dogman Offline

Loc: arlington, texas, usa
Chris A., if the planned 88 fully weighted key version of the Genesys isn't going to be at all portable, then thay means that the SK880 is still the only offered keyboard of its type. Why hasn't there been a response from GM about the unacceptable piano sounds on the 880. There are a great many of us that wouldn't ever consider purchasing an instrument with less than 88 keys, I'm guessing a great many more than you have ever heard from or would guess. Do you know if there is or is not, or do you not know whether this problem is ever going to be addressed ? Thank you very much for your response.

#14890 - 11/02/02 10:58 PM Re: Genesys questions for Chis A
NEWNEW Offline

Thanks Chris. Hope they dump the "me too" silver Triton, Motif,... look on the speakerless Genesys! The Pro Mega 3 is a thing of beauty. Can't GEM do a Genesys in the same case? Then the Genesys would be portable with a GREAT paino action.

How far off do you see the release of the 88 key Genesys?

Thanks Again

#14891 - 11/03/02 06:26 AM Re: Genesys questions for Chis A
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
Chris,

The keyboard with better piano sound wins. I remember once consumer report looked a home arranger keyboards (many years ago), and they selected Yamaha above everything simply because they had better piano sound. From that time on, Yamaha stole the market share.

Thanks.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online