SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#15733 - 07/07/02 09:45 AM re: playing back midifiles using wk2
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
When using a WK2 as a tone generator and puting it into the midi set up mode called multichannel, which by definition allows you to here 16 channels at once when used as a tone module, channel 6 and 7 do not sound. I have experimented with 3 products, a WK2 keyboard, a WK2arranger module and a WK2oriental module and they all do the same thing. I have contacted Generalmusic and they will ask the company in Italy for an explanation, but I wondered if any of you have experienced the same thing and have an answer or a reason.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#15734 - 07/07/02 05:47 PM Re: re: playing back midifiles using wk2
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
George, Is it possible, the channels may be reserved for controller channels and/or note to arranger channels. Check your global parameters . This may be the problem. I can recall on the Roland synths the control channel had to be set to a channel that was expendable.

#15735 - 07/09/02 05:57 PM Re: re: playing back midifiles using wk2
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Fran,
I saw your post and decided to look at all the midi parameters again to see if I missed anything such as note to arranger, etc. I didn't find anything except for a parameter that said auto arranger on or off in the arranger mode. I tried this and nothing happened. Then, by mistake, I went up to style/song location 115 which said empty song, and low and behold.......all the midi channels worked. In Gem products, styles and songs share the same memory bank except for where they are in numeric order. Numbers 000 - 111 are styles and user styles and number 112 - 118 are song locations. If you are in anything other then a song location, even if it's empty or filled you can only access 14 midi channels but if you are in a song location, all 16 tracks work. I can't believe it was this easy to do............
Thanks for your making me look again........Now I can call up my friend and tell him how to do this.
Regards,
George Kaye
(Retired 2021)

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online