SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#14837 - 07/04/02 07:39 AM Making CD from PSR-1000
Dewey Offline

I have a PSR-1000. Although it has a floppy disk drive, it saves files in a format that only the keyboard understands. I want to burn CDs with my computer, but can't figure out how to get the stored files from the PSR-1000 to the computer in a format the computer can handle.

Can someone tell me?

Thanks!

Dewey

#14838 - 07/04/02 08:00 AM Re: Making CD from PSR-1000
Vic01 Offline

Loc: Madison, Wisconsin USA
Hi Dewey. This forum is for keyboards made by Generalmusic. You might want to ask your question in the Yamaha forum or the General Arranger forum. To be brief, if you have a soundcard on your computer and some type of audio recording program just run the line outs on the back of the psr1000 into the line in on your soundcard. You can then record your performance as a wave file into your computer. Hope this helps.

#14839 - 07/04/02 09:58 PM Re: Making CD from PSR-1000
Dewey Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Vic01:
Hi Dewey. This forum is for keyboards made by Generalmusic. You might want to ask your question in the Yamaha forum or the General Arranger forum. To be brief, if you have a soundcard on your computer and some type of audio recording program just run the line outs on the back of the psr1000 into the line in on your soundcard. You can then record your performance as a wave file into your computer. Hope this helps.

Thanks, Vic. I was hoping there might be a way to get the songs I already have stored on the floppy disk into the computer somehow. If not, I guess I'll have to do them all again. Oh well. That's the best part of the project anyway!

Take care. Hope you had a good holiday.

Dewey

#14840 - 07/05/02 03:12 PM Re: Making CD from PSR-1000
Sissle Offline

Loc: USA - South Dakota
Hi Dewey,

My instruction manual that Lanny sent you should give you all the detail that you need for transfering your music from your piano (any make, any brand) onto a CD. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me. Glad to help if I can.

Carol (Sissle)

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online