SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#14978 - 10/07/01 03:54 PM To Chris, about the new arranger keyboards
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
Hello Chris,

I believe you said that sometime in October you will give more details about the new arranger from GEM. We are eagerly and enthusiastically waiting for the good news.

Thanks

#14979 - 10/10/01 08:36 PM Re: To Chris, about the new arranger keyboards
ComposerRyan Offline

Hi Chris Anthony. Like sk880user said, we really appreciate your responses and helpful informtion, and we are looking forward to hearing about the exciting, upcoming news!

With this, if you do not mind, I would like to ask some questions about the new keyboard:

1) Will the new keyboard feature an onboard CD Burner?

2) Will the keyboard feature sliders and design features similar to that of the Equinox to allow the user to easily edit the onboard sounds? (ex. Attack, Decay, etc.)

3) If the keyboard does not include the features of the Equinox synthesizer that allow easy editing, is General Music planning on improving upon the Equinox by creating a new synthesizer keyboard? Or will the new WK replacement have features included so that it will be considered an Equinox and WK8 all in one?

Well, we are all looking forward to hearing from you and we are anticipating the news! Thanks a lot, we really appreciate it!
Ryan

[This message has been edited by ComposerRyan (edited 10-10-2001).]

ALSO, PLEASE BE SURE TO VISIT THE WEBQUAD NETWORK AT:
http://www.webquad.com

CONTACT ME AT:
composerryan@webquad.com

#14980 - 10/25/01 12:27 PM Re: To Chris, about the new arranger keyboards
sk880user Offline

Has anybody heard about the new arrangers?

#14981 - 10/26/01 06:37 AM Re: To Chris, about the new arranger keyboards
Vic01 Offline

Loc: Madison, Wisconsin USA
I for one have not heard anything other than the teaser glimps given by Chris @ Gem. I think he'd love to share more but he can't at this time. Hopefully soon.

#14982 - 10/28/01 01:35 PM Re: To Chris, about the new arranger keyboards
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I've spoken to Chris often lately. He actually gave me the name of this new keyboard, but I've forgotten it (a senior moment). It is a single name keyboard, not a number like in the past. I do know there is a CD burner but other than that I don't have any information. Chris is programming the keyboard with styles and sounds at this moment.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
(Retired 2021)

#14983 - 10/28/01 06:59 PM Re: To Chris, about the new arranger keyboards
ComposerRyan Offline

It's obvious that everybody is very excited about the new General Music keyboard, including me!

I just can't wait to hear the information from Chris. It is obvious that everyone familiar with keyboards is anticipating the news about the new technological advancements that General Music has been working on. I'm sure many people who are being introduced to the world of music are excited as well! Until then, everyone is going to have to be very patient until Chris, or someone from General Music, decides to post out here and give us some new information.

Wouldn't that be just awesome if there was a CD Burner on the new General Music keyboard?! I would be in shock...I have never heard of such a thing in my life - I just can't wait to hear the news!

Well, until someone comes forward with some solid information, we all are being very patient and cannot wait to hear what Chris has to say,
Ryan

CONTACT ME AT:
composerryan@webquad.com

#14984 - 10/31/01 07:54 PM Re: To Chris, about the new arranger keyboards
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry to keep everyone in the dark. As George said, I'm very busy at the moment creating content for the new "beast".

The instrument will be unveiled at NAMM 2002 in January and, I'm afraid, until then I cant say much more. I had hoped that we would be releasing more information ahead of time but, as I'm sure everybody can understand, it's important that we give our competitors the absolute minimum time to emulate what this instrument will offer. That's just the way it is in our business.

I can tell you this much: the instrument is called GENESYS and it will completely redefine what is expected from arranger keyboards. At the moment, all arranger keyboards offer pretty much the same features - sounds, styles and a sequencer - some implemented better than others. A few keyboards have recently offered additional goodies like the possibility of displaying musical score on the screen, (an innovation which we introduced with the WX2 in 1993), but, apart from that, not much has really changed. The GENESYS goes way beyond this "accepted" set of arranger keyboard features and is sure to become the new standard by which all others are judged, (I hope that doesn't sound too pompous!)

Sorry folks but you'll just have to wait

Chris

[This message has been edited by ChrisAtGM (edited 10-31-2001).]

#14985 - 11/01/01 08:19 AM Re: To Chris, about the new arranger keyboards
Vic01 Offline

Loc: Madison, Wisconsin USA
Thanks for your honesty Chris. At least we got a working name now. GENESYS, hmmm not bad, not bad at all. Now if you can just program it to mow the grass, fead the cat and balance my checkbook.

#14986 - 11/01/01 08:36 AM Re: To Chris, about the new arranger keyboards
sk880user Offline

Chris,

I hope you guys give me discount for being vocal supporter of GEM keyboards and a loyal friend.

#14987 - 11/01/01 08:40 PM Re: To Chris, about the new arranger keyboards
ComposerRyan Offline

Thanks again Chris for the update! I completely understand that you cannot give out the full specifications of the new keyboard, and that is okay!

I think it is very cool that you at General Music communicate with us on the forums! I have never seen that done before, and it truly shows that General Music is devoted to all the people who are musicians, songwriters, composers. That means a lot to us.

Also, I like keyboards that have an actual name, like the new GENESYS that you are currently working on! Most keyboards just have some letters and numbers...but keyboards that have a well-thought-out name will grab people's attention and make them even more intrigued to look into the product. For instance, when I first heard of the Equinox, I was curious and I wanted to find out more. I believe when people hear of the 'GENESYS', they will want to know what it is since it sticks out and is a cool name. But, what it all comes down to is the keyboard behind the name, and I know that the keyboard behind the GENESYS will be just simply amazing!

Well, thanks again for keeping us updated and informed! I just can't wait until the Winter NAMM 2002 takes place and everyone finally gets to hear the news about the GENESYS. By the way, that is a cool name for the keyboard!
Ryan

CONTACT ME AT:
composerryan@webquad.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online