SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#15676 - 07/31/06 11:42 AM How to load back up copy
Giovanni Offline

Loc: Norwich Norfolk England
Hi Dave , thank you for sharing with the group the step by step procedure to load the RAM FILE to hard drive using the AUTOLOAD.
You explained very well how to make a back up CD in the unlikely event of losing all the memory settings data !!

Please would you give a step by step procedure on how to load the back up CD containng all the back up /midi settings data into the XP in the event of a similar mistake occuring again .

many thanks ..............Giovanni

#15677 - 07/31/06 12:45 PM Re: How to load back up copy
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Giovanni,

I guess it was a tad silly of me to give you instructions on how to back-up your data and then omit the obvious task of how to re-load that back-up.

To re-load your back-up data;

1. Press the Disk button.
2. Choose the source for the back-up (CD or Hard Drive) using the soft buttons at the left of the display.
3. Use the Cursor buttons to navigate to and highlight the folder containing the back-up data.
4. Press soft button F1 on the right side of the display to select Load and then press Enter. The entire folder contents will be re-loaded into the Genesys memory.

FYI: When you highlight the back-up folder or any folder, any subfolders that are contained within that particular Main folder will be displayed in the right column of the disk display. As long as the highlight is on the Main folder, all data in all subfolders will be loaded. But if you want to only load specific data from a Main folder, I.E. only Memories, User Presets, User Styles, etc. then simply move the cursor to the right column and highlight the subfolder containing the data you desire. You can even highlight a subfolder and then press the Right Cursor button again and the subfolder name will move to the left column and its contents will be displayed in the right column. Then you can load single files, user presets, memories or what have you. It is a very versatile system.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
Nat'l Product and Support Manager
Generalmusic USA
GEM Community Forums

#15678 - 08/01/06 11:41 AM Re: How to load back up copy
Giovanni Offline

Loc: Norwich Norfolk England
Hi Dave , once again you are the main man !!
Thank you so much for your help .
I've printed out all you tips and they are in the Gem Manual !!! for future reference .

Regards .............Giovanni

#15679 - 08/01/06 02:08 PM Re: How to load back up copy
Anonymous
Unregistered

No problem.

Have fun!

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
Nat'l Product and Support Manager
Generalmusic USA
GEM Community Forums