SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#15031 - 12/06/05 04:47 PM GEM CD-20
tweedle Offline

Loc: Laingsburg, MI USA
I bought my CD-20 many years ago and paid quite a bit for it. I was so impressed with it at the time. (Still a little to this day.) Anyway, recently, the LCD display has lost most of its pixels and is very hard to read. I have, of course, taken it apart and I know that the ribbon cable that goes to the display has somehow come unsoldered. There is no way I am going to try to repair it. I tried one time on a gameboy and ruined it! Ha! If I run my finger across the cable while it's on, it will momentarily display most of the missing pixels. I am hoping to be able to just replace the whole LCD display, however GEM has not responded to my many emails... neither has any repair place that advertises being able to repair GEM instruments. Can anyone help? Are parts even available?

#15032 - 12/07/05 05:43 AM Re: GEM CD-20
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by tweedle:
I am hoping to be able to just replace the whole LCD display, however GEM has not responded to my many emails...

Hello,

I am the product support manager for Generalmusic USA. I am sorry that you have not received a response to your e-mails. However, ALL e-mails sent to support@generalmusic.us are directed to me and I have never received an e-mail from you.

I will forward a link to this thread to our technical service manager so he can help you with the repair of your keyboard.

Best Regards,

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
Nat'l Product and Support Manager
Generalmusic USA
GEM Community Forums

#15033 - 12/08/05 05:12 AM Re: GEM CD-20
tweedle Offline

Loc: Laingsburg, MI USA
My Bad! I sent all my emails to the company in Italy. Anyway, will look forward to hearing from someone. Appreciate the help.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online