SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#15275 - 03/30/05 06:04 PM Promega 3 version 1.06
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Dave,
Can you run down what improvements have been made with 1.06. I just installed a new mother board Paul D. sent to my store and there's no documentation as to what's new and improved.
Thanks,
George Kaye
(Retired 2021)

#15276 - 03/30/05 06:44 PM Re: Promega 3 version 1.06
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi George,

Version 1.06 addressed several issues with the internal memory management increasing the speed at which data is processed.

Also there was an improvement made to the stretch tuning of the piano sounds and a change in the velocity curves.

Best Regards,

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
Nat'l Product and Support Manager
Generalmusic USA
GEM Community Forums

#15277 - 03/31/05 01:51 AM Re: Promega 3 version 1.06
MarkEdmonds Offline

Dave - anything on the clicking sound in the lower octaves when releasing sustain on the Fazioli?

Thanks,

Mark

#15278 - 03/31/05 05:49 AM Re: Promega 3 version 1.06
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by MarkEdmonds:
Dave - anything on the clicking sound in the lower octaves when releasing sustain on the Fazioli?

Thanks,

Mark

Hello Mark,

How are you doing?

As for a clicking sound during sustain (damper) release in lower octaves; I have never heard of this before. I looked through all of my old e-mails to make sure that I am just not remembering a past discussion but I can't find any reference to this issue.

That being said, I tried playing notes and chords in the lower octave of my Promega 3 (v1.06) with and without the damper pedal and it is quite clean. Are you using a standard sustain pedal or the Pro Pedal unit with the continuous controller damper pedal? I am using the Pro pedal with the CC but also tried a normal footswitch and found that the release is fine.

The only thing I can think of regarding this is you may have a software version prior to v1.04. In earlier software, during the release phase of struck notes, the damper physical model affected the natural string resonance model (NSR) but not the main sound component. I suppose this could cause a clicking sound during release but I have no way of testing this since my Promega 3 has been updated.

I strongly suggest that you have your Promega 3 updated to version 1.06 and then verify that the clicking is no longer an issue.

Best Regards,

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
Nat'l Product and Support Manager
Generalmusic USA
GEM Community Forums

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online