SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#15282 - 12/19/04 08:30 PM Genesys keyboard splits
Jerry Mullikin Offline

Loc: Grand Junction, CO USA
Couple questions concerning the Genesys. Is it possible to play chords, say with a piano, with the left hand, while at the same time playing an accompanying style, and hear the chords being played? Is it possible to play one instrument/voice on the keys below the split and a different one on the keys above the split? Thanks for any responses I may receive.
And, I wish everyone a Very Merry Christmas, and a truly musical, and prosperous New Year!!

Jerry Mullikin

#15283 - 12/20/04 05:56 AM Re: Genesys keyboard splits
to the genesys Offline

Hi:
you can play using a piano sound in the left hand and another sound in the right while playing a style.
You have to press the accomp split mode button on the left of the keyboard. If you don't hear a piano sound in the left hand, then you can press f5 then highlight the left hand track you want (usually function key A or B). Then you can change it to a piano sound. Make sure that you are in single sound mode when you are trying to change the sound to a piano or what ever sound you want.

You will still have a different sound in the right hand.

Hope this helps

#15284 - 12/20/04 09:30 AM Re: Genesys keyboard splits
Jerry Mullikin Offline

Loc: Grand Junction, CO USA
Hello Again,

That is exactly the info I was looking for. I will give that a try when I fire the keyboard up this evening. Thanks for responding. Have a great Holiday.

Jerry M

#15285 - 12/21/04 03:41 AM Re: Genesys keyboard splits
to the genesys Offline

And a happy holiday to you.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online