SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#14937 - 11/24/04 04:39 AM Help needed with saving Gem formatted songs
to the genesys Offline

When I am saving a Gem formatted song, in to a folder on the hard drive that has 30 songs, and I am saving song 3 that is in ram, When I reach the destination folder to save song 3 it does not automatically go to a free spot. It defaults on spot number 3 in the destination folder where there is already another song. I have to arrow all the way down to spot 31 which is the next free spot.

Is there a way to make it default to a free spot in the destination folder?
It does so for wave and MIDI files.

#14938 - 11/24/04 06:41 AM Re: Help needed with saving Gem formatted songs
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
When I am saving a Gem formatted song,.... It defaults on spot number 3 in the destination folder where there is already another song. I have to arrow all the way down to spot 31 which is the next free spot.

Hi TTG,

You do know that you can use the < > Page buttons to scroll up/down the list a screen at a time, correct?

There is no way of changing the default store location. This could be changed in the O/S. But since you can use the Page buttons to quickly scroll through a long list, you may find this acceptable.

Best Regards,

Dave

#14939 - 11/24/04 07:00 AM Re: Help needed with saving Gem formatted songs
Anonymous
Unregistered

_

#14940 - 11/25/04 07:27 AM Re: Help needed with saving Gem formatted songs
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by WDMcM:
Hi TTG,

You do know that you can use the < > Page buttons to scroll up/down the list a screen at a time, correct?

There is no way of changing the default store location. This could be changed in the O/S. But since you can use the Page buttons to quickly scroll through a long list, you may find this acceptable.

Best Regards,

Dave

Hi Dave thanks for your prompt response.
I did know of the page up/down use but I thaught that since MIDI and Wave songs put new songs in a new location, Gem songs would do the same. It would eliminate the possibility of making the mistake of overriding an existing song.

I don’t know why saving Gem formatted songs should be any different from MIDI and Wave songs with respect to location.

#14941 - 11/25/04 09:28 AM Re: Help needed with saving Gem formatted songs
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
Hi Dave thanks for your prompt response.

I don’t know why saving Gem formatted songs should be any different from MIDI and Wave songs with respect to location.

Hi,

I don't really know either. There may be some reason it must work this way. I will ask the software engineers and see what I can find out. If possible, maybe this can be changed in a future update.

Best Regards and have a great Thanksgiving!

Dave

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online