SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#15154 - 03/16/04 03:56 PM WK8 LE
kevind Offline

Loc: Manchester UK
I tried to continue this thread but it dried up!!, so here goes again. I have seen the new? WK8.LE which to me just looks like a silver version of the WK8.SE, but a new OS download is offered, does anyone know if this will load into the WK8.SE and make any difference?. Also Is the hardware on the LE any different because as far as I can make out it is the same

#15155 - 03/17/04 06:20 AM Re: WK8 LE
Anonymous
Unregistered

kevind,

The LE version is not distributed in the U.S. which is where I am from, but I will find out what the real differences are and let you know.

This will probably take a few days given the time differences. Please bear with me.

Best Regards,

Dave McMahan

#15156 - 03/18/04 02:05 PM Re: WK8 LE
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi kevind,

You are correct in your assumption. The SE version is silver. There are two differences between the LE and SE. SCSI is optional on the LE but standard on the SE and there are an additional 200 songs included on the hard drive of the LE version for a total of 400 songs.

There is no reason to install the SE operating system into the LE model. There are no differences in the operating system of these two instruments. One small exception probably is that the SE O.S. displays WK-8 SE upon boot-up where the LE displays WK-8 LE (that is a guess since I have not actually seen the SE version myself.

I hope that answers your question. If not, let me know.

Best Regards,

Dave McMahan

[This message has been edited by WDMcM (edited 03-18-2004).]

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online