SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#321869 - 04/14/11 11:06 AM Gig bag for accessories
richforman Offline

Loc: East Northport, NY, USA
Question to my fellow gigging keyboard players - what do you use to transport your various accessories to and from gigs and rehearsals - instrument cables, sustain and volume pedals, ac power cords, direct boxes, etc. For many years I have used basically a large heavy duffel bag that I just throw all that stuff into haphazardly and dig it out of. Just wonder if anybody has any more professional-looking solutions, something that would have specific compartments for items like that where you would always find them in the same place, pack them up the same way and make the whole thing more organized and efficient - maybe there is some kind of suitcase that you use that lends itself well to this kind of duty.

richforman

#322049 - 04/16/11 11:25 AM Re: Gig bag for accessories [Re: richforman]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I have a computer bag that houses all my cables, power adapters, main extension cord, mic and any small accessories. Wires are tied and measured so I just put the bag in the "V" of my X stand (beneath the kb) and all the wires reach just where they need to go. Neat, clean, always the same.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online