SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#8489 - 12/08/07 09:16 PM Screechy feedback again, this time unintentional
Niet Offline

Strangely enough, a few of the patches on my microKorg have started acting up. Its not like I'm working on an analog here so I really have no clue about what is going on, but on a few patches, both preset and home grown, certain keys, generally F5, start making this strange screeching feedback kind of noise, actually exactly what I was looking for in my last post. I'm seriously confused about this.

#8490 - 12/09/07 12:48 PM Re: Screechy feedback again, this time unintentional
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
Ghost in the machine?

Several possibilities here (forgive me if some seem terribly obvious).

1. You might be playing multis that use some of your own feedback patches. IS the Microkorg even multitimbral BTW? ...But then of course you would know that you are playing multis.

2. A better guess this time. A built-in mic. THe one that's used for Vocoder. Could you by any chance be getting real feedbacks from that?

3. SOmething is ****ed (OS or hardware). Before assuming that its hardware though do a hard reset. Check the manual on how to do this part but before you reset the Korg don't forget to backup your patches.

If none of the above helps then it might need repairs.

cheers,

#8491 - 12/11/07 06:59 AM Re: Screechy feedback again, this time unintentional
Niet Offline

Its actually stopped. Really weird, nothing I could do the other day, other than crazy equalization that would cut my sound in half, and today its gone on its own. Maybe a powerplant melted down in helsinki or something. Anyway, thanks for the help.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online