SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#2093 - 04/06/07 06:05 PM Akai DPS-12 to Windows?
PC Gate Offline

Loc: tuneful1@sbcglobal.net
I've got the scsi version of an Akai DPS-12, and I've always wished I could transfer files from my Akai to my Windows XP computer.

I know there is a way of burning the file to a cd and then transfering the cd to the computer, but I'm hoping there is a way of removing that step from the process.

Oh, and I wasn't sure if this is a software issue, a hardware issue, or an Akai issue.
Which is why I posted it in here.

#2094 - 04/07/07 12:54 AM Re: Akai DPS-12 to Windows?
Justin Gazda Offline

Loc: Marietta GA, USA
they make scsi cards for PC's

if not that, you might be able to get a mac from 1995 and use its onboard SCSI and a network card, tied to a router to transfer to your PC.

If your akai can format in FAT you might be able to use a scsi zip drive and a IDE zip drive in the PC. I can do this with my Emu.

#2095 - 04/07/07 07:52 AM Re: Akai DPS-12 to Windows?
PC Gate Offline

Loc: tuneful1@sbcglobal.net
I should have mentioned that I have an adaptec scsi card in my pc now.
The problem is the backup software on the Akai DPS-12 is for CD-Rom only.
I have to backup files to a cd, then load the cd into windows using Nero, then open up the files with a program called Deep Stripper.
My main gripe is that it's very convoluted, and it would be much simpler if there was a program that I could install in windows that would "see" the Akai software and somehow allow me to transfer files straight to my pc.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online