SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#2817 - 10/25/06 06:46 AM Taking a break from music.
analogcontrolfreak Offline

Hi to everyone on the Synth Zone BBS. It’s been awhile , but I thought I would let everyone know, that I am going to be taking a hiatus, or break from synthesizers and electronic music, and explorer other areas of creativity. For far too long now, I have been obsessed with synthesizers, and electronic music, and it has really affected my creativity. So I put away my synthesizers, and music stand, which has freed up space in my office, plus my gear, has been sitting quietly unused. I want to explorer, other areas of interest, that are not synthesizer, or electronic music related. Obsession, is an ugly thing, and I need to control my synth obsession.

At this point in time, I don not know if, I will be getting back into synthesizers, and electronic music, but maybe in the future. This will be my last post on here for quite sometime, I have no idea, how long I will be gone, but rest assured, I will pop in form time to time. This is something I have to do, and I hope everyone can understand and respect, what I am doing.

Paul a.k.a. analogcontrolfreak

BTW: I relize I have posted this topic before. But this time, it's different.

#2818 - 10/25/06 12:01 PM Re: Taking a break from music.
shboom Offline

Loc: Victoria, British Columbia
Paul...
I too will be taking a break, from this Forum for a while.
I'm heavily getting into my D3200, so my efforts are all geared towards learning all the ins & outs of this great unit.

I might drop by the BAR for a drink, if I happen to be passing by and see someone thru the window...

See ya in the funny papers.

Nigel...I'm not abandoning the Zone, I just need to get as much input and user feedback as possible, (I have a gazillion questions) so I'm gonna be over at http://www.studiotrax.net for a while.

Don't let anyone touch my beer...

------------------
...shboom

[This message has been edited by shboom (edited 10-25-2006).]

#2819 - 10/25/06 01:19 PM Re: Taking a break from music.
freddynl Offline

Loc: netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by shboom:
[I might drop by the BAR for a drink, if I happen to be passing by and see someone thru the window...

Don't let anyone touch my beer...

[/B]

Don't worry we'll put in the fridge

#2820 - 10/26/06 07:56 AM Re: Taking a break from music.
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
Paul,
Screw break. Just sell all of your keyboards man. I just sold a whole bunch and my studio seems a lot cleaner. I only kept synths that I like playing.

Since you are looking for other fun things in life may I suggest *Video games*. There's the Grand Theft auto series that you can probably get for $20.00 a title. There's the new Scarface game that costs a bit more but it will keep you occupied for a long time.

Seriously, best way to get rid of anxiety. A virtual world where you can walk around and do whatever you want. Blow up cars, burn people with flamethrowers and molotof coctails. It's cool.

Or get on-line and play World Of Warcraft. I'm a level 59 myself... Took a while...

So here you go. PLenty of advice on new hobbies for you.

-ED-

[This message has been edited by 3351 (edited 10-26-2006).]

#2821 - 10/26/06 01:23 PM Re: Taking a break from music.

Wow Ed! I did not expect a response like that? I thought you were going to tell me to, sitck with the music or something to that effect. That I should not sell my keyboards. Forgive me for being in shock! Thanks for the suggestions.

Some time in the future, I should just look for one good synthesizer, with plenty of knobs, that I can just mess arond with.

[This message has been edited by analogcontrolfreak (edited 10-26-2006).]

#2822 - 10/26/06 01:46 PM Re: Taking a break from music.
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
Yeah. Something with lots and lots of knobs. Just to make noise. eventually you'll get bored of it too but who cares?

-ED-

#2823 - 10/26/06 01:48 PM Re: Taking a break from music.

I don't!

#2824 - 10/26/06 02:01 PM Re: Taking a break from music.
freddynl Offline

Loc: netherlands

#2825 - 10/26/06 02:02 PM Re: Taking a break from music.

Now that's what I'm talking about!

Ever since I put away my keyboards, I have been able to think more clearly, and not obbsess over the fact, that I really can not play. I know this may seem strange, but I really feel good about myself. Been looking at other things on ebay, besides spending hours only looking at synthesizers and keyboards. Why should I bother, when I know I will never really use them. I am still toying around with the idea of a Synthesizers.com system. Nothing definet yet.

I did however buy and old and functional Edison Diamond disc floor standing modle, along with some diamond discs to go with it. Even started a small collection of 19th century books. I put all of my Contempoary books away, for the time being until I find a shelf for them. I am hoping to buy and Edison cylinder phonograph and a Victrola. It's really cool to have something that did not use electricity, but mechanics to play music. I don't play it that much, but it is fun to have and show off, to friends and family.

For the frist time in my adult life, I am really starting to felle better about myslef, and I may begining to accept myslef, for who I am as an individual.

[This message has been edited by analogcontrolfreak (edited 10-26-2006).]

#2826 - 11/02/06 03:24 PM Re: Taking a break from music.

Okay, I know I said I would not becomeing back on here for a while, I lied. One of my threads that I had posted, three years ago. Had received a reply sevral days ago, and I started to reply to it. I was surprised that someone had gone through the archives and found this one particular thread and resurected it. BTW: The thread in question is "Vintage Gear: Why is it, still popular to own?"

On a side note, I have not had any synth withdrwal symptoms. In fact I have not been obsseing about any synth, or not being able to play either.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online