SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#4566 - 11/15/06 02:24 AM Minimoog D, overrated?
analogcontrolfreak Offline

This subject was posted on the Vintage Synth Explorer Forums.

I never thought of the Minimoog D, as being overrated? Over priced, but not overrated.

#4567 - 11/15/06 06:10 AM Re: Minimoog D, overrated?
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
Not sure where you've got that info from but given the fact that there are as many different opinions in this world as there are people it is not a bit surprising that some find the Minimoog overrated for its features.

I think the important thing is what the Minimoog means to you and not to other people. Sounds generic as hell but here you go.

-ED-

#4568 - 11/15/06 07:09 AM Re: Minimoog D, overrated?

Thanks ED!

I got that from someone over on the VSE BBS.

#4569 - 11/15/06 07:35 AM Re: Minimoog D, overrated?
3351 Offline

Well, I guess it is their unique and refreshing point of view. Lucky for you you have your own and it just happens to differ from their's.

-ED-

#4570 - 11/15/06 01:19 PM Re: Minimoog D, overrated?

Yeah, your right. At this point I'd settle for owning just one moog synth. Like the Prodigy, or micro, or even the rouge. Unfortuneatly, the only Moog related thing I own, and could afford, was a T-shirt from Moog Music.

#4571 - 11/15/06 04:36 PM Re: Minimoog D, overrated?
3351 Offline

Well, start saving up. Put a few hundred bucks aside every month (or every other month) and before you know it you'll have a couple of K just enough to buy you the real deal.

I'd even recommend the Voyager but its just not the same synth. Its still awesome though.

Moog's "Little Phatty" (or little fatty) is quite nice too but I don't think you'll be happy with one since it doesn't have too many knobs. Just a few. Sounds nice though.

-ED-

#4572 - 11/15/06 07:54 PM Re: Minimoog D, overrated?
Justin Gazda Offline

Loc: Marietta GA, USA
I bought a micromoog for i believe 300 bucks and it is definatly a moog. Moog has BASS. That is one good character trait. Another thing about moogs is that they cannot be killed. Of course, I speak of their monosynths.
I did find a cheap polymoog at a thrift store with the top octave of keys missing(somebody elses spare parts?)...It does "work" but the global pitch will jump up about three octaves at random intervals, anyway...
No, the minimoog is not overated because it works. It will always work, and within its front panel, it sounds great, and you can actually fix it if something breaks.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online