SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#2181 - 02/25/06 05:45 AM Using the Quantize for drums on xp-60
fabsterman Offline

Loc: Illinois
I have a Roland xp-60 and I have tried several times to quantize a beat, I have to be doing something wrong can someone please give me some advice and procedures?

Thanks Fred

#2182 - 02/25/06 06:28 AM Re: Using the Quantize for drums on xp-60
djboomstick Offline

Loc: newyork
quantize function moves a notes time to the closest spot. either forwards or backwards from were you played it.

it does not automaticly move it to the correct spot , only to the nearest one.

after quantizeing i often have to edit in micro mode to move the notes around to where i really want them.

i dono if this address your actual problem or not. if you need more help feel free to offer more detials of the problem

#2183 - 02/25/06 06:50 AM Re: Using the Quantize for drums on xp-60
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I used to own the XP-60. I haven't used one in a while, but I'll try to go from memory here--so bear with me

Under your "Realtime-Rec Stand-by" screen, all the info such as "measure", "tempo" ,"loop", ect should be here. Quantz. should be right under "Mode". Here you can turn Quant. on or off, and make settings. Make sure it's set to "on". And set to "Grid", then set the "Grid Resolution" to 100%. This should apply quant. to your recording.

Hope this helps,
Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#2184 - 02/26/06 08:53 AM Re: Using the Quantize for drums on xp-60
fabsterman Offline

Loc: Illinois
Thanks Sqeak, it's working fine! my man!

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online