SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#4038 - 11/18/04 04:32 PM Stereo volume pedal for keybds
piano tech Offline

Loc: chicago. IL
I am an avid keybd player and want to know which stereo pedals out there are reliable and have a wide range of motion. I currently have a broken Rolls rfx402 and need a better pedal soon. I've tried the Ernie Ball but was not pleased with the design... this used one had no plate on the front and the jacks were on the sides. All electronics were exposed to the elements.

Other choices include Morley or Boss 300L. The Boss fv50 has no range. Any suggestions and personal expieriences are appreciated. Thanks.

#4039 - 11/18/04 05:26 PM Re: Stereo volume pedal for keybds
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi,

I am not sure which Ernie Ball pedal you tried that had jacks on the side. Take a look at this page; http://www.ernieball.com/products_pedals.php

I have used an Ernie Ball volume pedal for years and it has never let me down. It is strong aluminum, uses quality jacks and has a very smooth action.

Another pedal that I also use is a Korg XVP-10; http://www.korg.com/gear/info.asp?a_prod_no=XVP10&category_id=7
This pedal has 2 inputs/outputs. The outputs also serve as control voltage outputs for those instruments that include a volume pedal input.

Don't skimp on a volume pedal. The little plastic ones have no travel (like you mentioned) and won't hold up to heavy use like the better and more expensive aluminum models.

Good luck,

Dave

#4040 - 11/20/04 12:02 AM Re: Stereo volume pedal for keybds
shboom Offline

Loc: Victoria, British Columbia
This unit has always suited my needs
Korg kvp001

Good Luck in your search.

------------------
...L

#4041 - 11/20/04 12:10 AM Re: Stereo volume pedal for keybds
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Roland makes a nice, stereo, passive pedal. Full foot size too!

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online