SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#2154 - 11/19/02 03:59 PM Bass soft synth
Jiddu Offline

Loc: Australia
does anyone know of one that sounds like a bass player? or more so, you can make it sound like a real bass player?

#2155 - 11/20/02 06:32 AM Re: Bass soft synth
Equalizer Offline

Loc: Scotland
There's a virtual bass player soft synth that I believe comes as a freebie from Steinberg.

It might be worth checking out.

#2156 - 11/24/02 04:31 PM Re: Bass soft synth
Jiddu Offline

what about sample set? anyone?

i'll take a look eq

#2157 - 11/27/02 02:22 AM Re: Bass soft synth
Jiddu Offline

lately ive been thinking about selling my n264 (korg) and buying a weighted controller ( the korg isnt weighted ) and a shload of sample sets.. of acoustic instruments.

Anyone gone down this path or thinks its a good idea or a bad one??

if you dont know the n264 its a mid range korg.. few thousand beneath the trinity.

I'd think about going for a better workstation but i just dont use half the features.. I have not made ONE sound on my keyboard because the interface is crap beyond description ( but dont think of me as a non-synthesising hack cos I have shloads of fun whipping up sounds in fm7 )..

PS. pplease dont turn this into a -what keys should I get thread.. more of a workstation vs. controller + software sampler

#2158 - 11/29/02 02:32 PM Re: Bass soft synth
Equalizer Offline

Loc: Scotland
I'm on exactly the same wavelength.

Lately I've been thinking very seriously about selling every single piece of gear I have and switching to just a midi controller and a souped up computer.

On of the instruments that I would really miss though is my Roland keyboard cos it's got a very good piano sound.

Right now I'm in the process of downloading some MP3 demos of "the Grand" to see if it's worth considering as a future alternative.

However, the other big problem is that (I don't know about you but...) I've yet to see a single midi controller keyboard that really impresses me in terms of features and value.

How come hardly any of them have assignable midi controller knobs???? And how come hardly any of them have a full set of keys????

It's a drag.

#2159 - 11/29/02 04:57 PM Re: Bass soft synth
Jiddu Offline

yeh I know.. once you climb past the $1500 AUS then all you start looking at is digital pianos.

But there are boxes out there like.. halion by steinberg? or some from native instruments..
So you have to buy them seperately.. ie. keys + midi controller 1 + midi controller 2 etc. .. which is good I think because I like to buy hardware that is the best at one particular thing not an all in one wonderbox that is really just crap at everything.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online