SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#561 - 06/04/02 06:53 PM urgent help needed
S1nn3r Offline

Hi all,

I have a problem, its not a technical one but more of a creative problem and its driveing me nuts.

I have no problem with the technical side of things I can setup and use the gear I have with little diffacutly.. its the musical side im haveing problems with as in i cant seem to produce anything.. at all.

#562 - 06/04/02 10:14 PM Re: urgent help needed
Blacklight Offline

What I like to do is experiment with random sounds and noises that I generate sometimes not even using the equipment, but other things as well. Sometimes I come up with something while playing with randome electronic stuff like old handheld games and stuff. Other times, I watch movies and the news with my VCR going. Usually I can catch a great sample of someone saying something that can mean other things... or just sounds that I can mutilate and play with in an audio editor. A good audio editor is a great place to get inspiration. Us electronic musicians tend to enjoy pushing the envelope as far as creating new sounds. Circuit Bent devices (short circuited battery opperated sound making kids toys or other devices)are great for creating new and WILD sounds ! Once you find something that hits you, go with it. Something will come to you and you will know what to do with it.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online