SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#6879 - 06/10/03 12:52 PM The keyboard has been silenced
Leon Offline

Loc: British Columbia
I became interested in the idea of playing keys from the likes of Jimmy Smith, Alan Price, Stevie Winwood, and a legend the music world lost on June 6th..Dave Rowberry.
Dave Rowberry played with the Animals (with Eric Burdon) in the 60's. Some of the work that influenced me most was of course, "House of the Rising Sun", along with "Send You back to Walker", "Don't let me be Misunderstood"...the list goes on.
To Dave Rowberry...if he's listening..I'd like to say "Thanks for the Memories"...
Just my thots....

#6880 - 06/10/03 08:38 PM Re: The keyboard has been silenced
800dv Offline

Loc: atlanta, georgia, usa
Everyone has heros , it's cool . It's not a good thing when they do pass away . Mine is KRAFTWERK . They aren't dead yet , but it would be nice if they came out with a new album soon . For the past 17 years they have just been picking their asses , they tour from time to time but that's about it . They aren't getting any younger either .

#6881 - 06/12/03 09:46 AM Re: The keyboard has been silenced
Anonymous
Unregistered

I could have sworn KRAFTWERK put out a new album two or three years ago after the relaese of KRAFTWERK the MIX. I saw something in KEYBORAD magazine.

I am too young to know who Dave Rowberry was? Although I had heard of the Animals and the song "House of the Riseing Sun" But that is before my time.

#6882 - 06/13/03 08:29 AM Re: The keyboard has been silenced
Leon Offline

Oh to be young again.
I'm turning 52 next Sunday.

#6883 - 06/16/03 01:43 AM Re: The keyboard has been silenced
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Gee Leon. You make me feel like a baby. I won't turn 50 until next year Here is photo of me with a band over 25 years ago in the 70s http://www.synthzone.com/graphics/Blast%20from%20the%20past!.jpg . I am on the right side pointing at something ???? Note the long hair and bell bottom jeans we are all wearing. Dunno where that quarter of a century went, guess it passed me by while I wasn't looking. Damnit !!!! But it was fun

#6884 - 06/16/03 08:35 AM Re: The keyboard has been silenced
Leon Offline

Whoa...Great pants Nigel.
The band/project I'm currently with can be seen here: http://waybacks.ca

The still group shots haven't been updated yet but the video clip is from a Rock & Roll Revival we did in April. I'm on guitar. Enjoy

#6885 - 06/26/03 11:13 AM Re: The keyboard has been silenced
Equalizer Offline

Loc: Scotland
What I want to know is what the Heck was Nigel pointing at!

#6886 - 06/27/03 06:48 AM Re: The keyboard has been silenced
Anonymous
Unregistered

he was pointing at an airplane that left a chrome wake that was so reflective, if you looked up and waved, you could see yourself up there waving at yourself down here. (whoa they had some good stuff back then!) Just kidding of course. my best guess is a cloud formation.

Leon, I have been wondering about Nigel, your brother; I hope he has improved? It is not easy to be tenacious with that..Well depending that is. If everyone who read this gave just 3 full min. of prayer for Leon's brother Nigel to regain his health

#6887 - 07/07/03 02:28 PM Re: The keyboard has been silenced
Leon Offline

Morph..Thank You for your kind thoughts.

My brother's prognosis is not good. He was bombarded with Chemo and radiation, and for a while it looked like some good news might come out of it, but that's not the case.
The cancer has moved from his clavical/shoulder area, to his lungs, and the doctors aren't giving any false hopes.
Life's a bitch isn't it. It's possibly one of the reasons I've been a little short tempered lately. That's not an excuse...just a personal observation. If some of my comments on this forum have appeared to be curt or short-fused, I apologize. Sometimes my mouth becomes engaged before my brain is actually in gear. So far cancer has taken my father, my oldest brother, and my oldest sister...and yes, I get a regular check-up. My brother Nigel's time is limited and the real agony for me is not being able to take his pain away.
Keeping my hands busy with the group has been a life saver for me. It's a physical and mental release that I honestly need, particularly when the level of frustration becomes unbearable.
Morph...I've been rambling..again thanks for your thoughts. You people are all the greatest, a shoulder when I need it most.

#6888 - 07/19/03 02:28 PM Re: The keyboard has been silenced
DAB777 Offline

Loc: Park Hill,Ok. USA
Yes Leon,
I'M 54. The Animals , Tornadoes,Del Shannon(LOL),Etc. was also Influential to my life of music. How about " Don't let me be missunderstood" , I'm Crying , Etc. Great stuff !!!!! Rock On!!!!!!! David B.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online