SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#3663 - 07/02/02 12:38 PM Who's Next??
Leon Offline

Loc: British Columbia
John Entwhistle:
This man was and always will be truly amazing.
Not only one of the smoothest bassists around, but an extraordinary guitarist when not bangin' out the bass.
This is a great loss to the music industry.

#3664 - 07/02/02 01:43 PM Re: Who's Next??
tekminus Offline

This reminds me of a joke about a young boy who was attending a wedding. There his old relatives teased him, "You're next! You're next!". Then one of the old folks died and when the funeral was over the young boy shouted to the old people, "You're next! You're next!"

-tek

#3665 - 07/15/02 04:06 AM Re: Who's Next??
Anonymous
Unregistered

Time. It is our most precious commodity in life. We have so little to start with, and no specific due date given.
John's time is up. he's gone and surely will be missed by many folks in the industry, MIT young grasshoppers and their master-teachers alike.
We mourn the loss of John and look forward to new beginnings, surely his preference of our actions to reactions of his death.
If only there were a way to transfer all the dextrious excellence and all that knowledge.
If only. That is the feeling that I get of what he may have wished.
"The Quiet One" was a great contributor though. There will be new to surface like him but none ever to be the exact same. Being mentor to many, his mark will withstand the test of time, in absolute certainly.

In John's transition we may easily opt to let him know that he touched us. Picture him as you can most clearest, in silent sincereity with eyes closed we can say goodbye. Our signal may or may not be acknowledged, but it will be heard.
MORPH!
=========================================

-tek
wait, you mean the old relative died at the wedding?
LOL and so it was a wedding-funeral double header?

As far as who's next, well all I can say is "hey, I got bills to pay first." You're lucky bro, no such thing as free medical where I am and my taxation might be only 9-10% lower than yours, but with nothing to show for it as a social benefit. By the time it comes for my senior benefits, theyll be handing me expired cans of Alpo or Kenlration, then theyll make further cuts and switch me to dry food.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online