SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#7801 - 03/14/02 11:04 PM Cubase VST 5.1 and HALion V.S. GigaStudio and Cakewalk
Munsie Offline

Which is the better way to go, and why? - Thanks!

#7802 - 03/15/02 06:15 AM Re: Cubase VST 5.1 and HALion V.S. GigaStudio and Cakewalk
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
There is a new Cubase SX coming around that can be considered the best AUDIO/MIDI application ever. It is coming END of second quarter this year. It requires a good computer with XP OS (2K will do). In the mean time, do your research very carefully because I believe if buy Cubase 5.1 VST/32 AFTER certain date, you will be allowed to upgrade to CUBASE SX for free... if my memory serves me. If you are asking for now, I am a cubase user and I will recommend Cubase.

#7803 - 03/16/02 08:27 AM Re: Cubase VST 5.1 and HALion V.S. GigaStudio and Cakewalk
Equalizer Offline

Loc: Scotland
Well, most folk seem to prefer Cubase, but in the long term it can't be a good thing to have one company having a monopoly on the entire computer music scene, so for the sake of always supporting the underdog I say you should go for Calkwalk and Gigastudio.

Translate that as you will.

#7804 - 03/18/02 08:57 AM Re: Cubase VST 5.1 and HALion V.S. GigaStudio and Cakewalk
optinone Offline

Loc: St. Cloud, MN USA
Go to there websites, find out which program serves your needs the best.
Read the instruction manuals, the best information is usually in the manuals.
For the record, I use cubase. Its alright, I haven't really tried a whole lot of other software but cubase was easy to figure out and use. I don't know if its my PC or what but anything i record with cubase sounds like shit. Probably my MIDIMAN soundcard, thing sucks, Or my 667mhz celeron walmart ****ing HP, but hey, i needed a sequencer and a word processor, whatya gonna do right? I not big into recording anyways, i just like to synthesize profound new waveforms.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online