SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 18 of 24 < 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 23 24 >
Topic Options
#99293 - 05/10/06 08:39 PM Re: AMERICAN IDOL....Who will be the Next One?
Dnj Offline

We havnt had a BROADWAY style theme yet this year either

#99294 - 05/11/06 05:42 AM Re: AMERICAN IDOL....Who will be the Next One?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
WOW ... I was as shocked as Chris at the results last night ... but now it's anyone's prize to take ...
I was thinking the same thing about the fact that the 'themes' have primarily been slanted towards the men ...
I felt Kat would have done a great job on "Heartbreak Hotel", dressed in black leather ...
t.

#99295 - 05/11/06 05:50 AM Re: AMERICAN IDOL....Who will be the Next One?
Dnj Offline

Im still feeling Kat then Taylor in the end .....Elliott although not bad thruout the competition leaves a doubt in my mind for some reason one being he has what I call a "Machine Gun Vibrato" to his voice when he sings that isnt natural if yu listen to him......If Kat just picks the right ballad next week shes a lock, song choice has ruined her.....Taylor IMO is a very good all around entertainer & crowd favorite, should be a great ending this year!

#99296 - 05/11/06 06:35 AM Re: AMERICAN IDOL....Who will be the Next One?
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I do think it will be Taylor and Kate right down to the wire. They both have strong fans but for differing reasons so it can go either way at the end but will really be close.
BEBOP

#99297 - 05/11/06 07:22 AM Re: AMERICAN IDOL....Who will be the Next One?
RyanS Offline

Loc: Jackson, MO, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Elliott although not bad thruout the competition leaves a doubt in my mind for some reason one being he has what I call a "Machine Gun Vibrato" to his voice

Yes thats exactly it. It's way too pitchy. Chris's voice was similar except it had more current. But at the same time, it was too sharp. But I'm sure his career in music is set.

I can't predict who will go next week. However I think it's safe to say Taylor won't be going home. Remember, he's the only one since the top 24 that hasn't been in the bottom 3. In fact, I have a good feeling he'll win. I think Elliot and Katherine are kinda tied though so I guess until next Wednesday night, your guess is as good as mine.

#99298 - 05/11/06 01:55 PM Re: AMERICAN IDOL....Who will be the Next One?
shboom Offline

Loc: Victoria, British Columbia
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:

I felt Kat would have done a great job on "Heartbreak Hotel", dressed in black leather ...
t.

I'm thinking Kat could do anything great....dressed in black leather...Hell...she wouldn't even have to sing!!!

------------------
...shboom

#99299 - 05/12/06 01:42 AM Re: AMERICAN IDOL....Who will be the Next One?
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
its all just too close to call. My favourite vocally is Elliot, then Kat then Taylor.

But then my favourite in terms of performance and stage presence is Taylor, Kat the Elliot.

But them my favourite interms of marketability is Kat then Elliot then Taylor !!!

The problem with these competitions is that the voting public are not necessarily the "buying" public. I would guess the largest proiportion of the home viewers who vote will probably never actually buy more than a couple of records , CD's etyc per year.

What will really hurt the winner is that they will have been exposed to the "market" through the American Idol competition itself and may have been overexposed so the peak of the interst in the artist from the buying publics point of view will have already been passed by the time they actually produce an album for them sleves. They wiull have to recreate themselves to extend their "product cycle" . Like the sweet girl who has now become a rock chick ....Kelly whats her name !

Whoever wins , i think they are all amazing just for having gone through the stress of American Idol.

#99300 - 05/16/06 06:35 PM Re: AMERICAN IDOL....Who will be the Next One?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Well, for the heck of it tonight, my wife and I tried to vote for Kat ... tried all three numbers and the only thing we got was "Welcome to Verizon wireless - your call cannot be completed as dialed" ... checked the numbers - they were right ... what gives ?!?!? ...
t.

#99301 - 05/16/06 07:00 PM Re: AMERICAN IDOL....Who will be the Next One?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Well Kate had one out of three..that was great..Don't blame the phones lines if she is gone..I thought the guys were better tonight..
Taylor is starting to look like the winner..

#99302 - 05/16/06 07:10 PM Re: AMERICAN IDOL....Who will be the Next One?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Tony,

I tried all three numbers for Kate and the only thing I got was a busy signal for a half-hour before giving up.

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 18 of 24 < 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 23 24 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online