SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 24 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 23 24 >
Topic Options
#99183 - 03/17/06 08:22 AM Re: AMERICAN IDOL....Who will be the Next One?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:

If you try to make a living playing music, you have to do what the audience likes.

Maybe the problem is that we have too many labels???
DonM

Agreed

#99184 - 03/17/06 09:12 AM Re: AMERICAN IDOL....Who will be the Next One?
shboom Offline

Loc: Victoria, British Columbia
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dnj:
Watching his hands on a close up shot ....
I dont believe he was even playing on that song at all....just movin his fingers around... sought of finger syncing it.

[/QUOTE
I was wonderin' if anyone else noticed that.

Good...it wasn't just me. I commented to my wife...
"He's not even playing for cryin' out loud!"
The Motif was wired, but there appeared to be a "pack" on the floor, more than likely to a wireless, which would make sense, if they need to clear the equipment out in a hurry....just unplug & go...sort the mess out later backstage.Stevie didn't appear to be wearing anything in the way of in-ears either.
Those we're my observations.
As for whose gonna win....??
I'd like to see Hicks. For one thing...he's never been "pitchy" from what I've heard. He's not an "old" guy, the grey hair is a genetic thing.
I was disappointed to see Michelle go.
Paris is a little too into herself as is the rather "large" woman (don't know her name.. ..don't care).
Kelli has a natural down home appeal, but she needs to show some versatility beyond country.
They can't eliminate "Chicken Little" fast enuff for me.
Katherine (or Kat), the brunette...very good, great stage presence....Just my thots...

------------------
...shboom

[This message has been edited by shboom (edited 03-17-2006).]

#99185 - 03/17/06 10:00 AM Re: AMERICAN IDOL....Who will be the Next One?
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Chas, what a neat way to describe your position on your preferences! As most of you know,Im a "dyed in the wool" jazz fan and player. It's true you have to play what the audience wants. In my case, the difference is, I have to find an audience that wants jazz. Around here, that means upscale restaurants, lounges in better hotels and private events. Some would call it "society" music. Once you're established , the pay is great and the competition minimal. Of course, I'm not an entertainer, so this approach seems to work best for me.

Early on, when I was learning and hungry, I played some country, and was OK with it until I went to California and met Ray Brown, Herb Ellis and others. Then, I was hooked. Everything else seemed insignificant...especially country. Appreciation of jazz is an acquired taste for listeners and a lifetime dedicated to learning, sometimes going without work and experimentation for players.

There is no right choice in the type of music each one of us chooses to play. For me, however, there was no other choice. Even considering the downside (which is considerable),I wouldn't change a thing.

Here's hoping each of you get's as much joy out of what you choose as your musical direction as I have.

As James Moody sings...

"there I go, there I go, there I go...

Russ

#99186 - 03/17/06 07:44 PM Re: AMERICAN IDOL....Who will be the Next One?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Agreed

DITTO!

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

[This message has been edited by travlin'easy (edited 03-17-2006).]

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#99187 - 03/20/06 02:25 AM Re: AMERICAN IDOL....Who will be the Next One?
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
I saw American Idol last night and nearly wet myself laughing. What is going on? How did chicken little (Kevin corvais ) get through any of the preliminary rounds ? I mean what is America doing ? Does anyone seriously believe that he will sell any records other than to members of his family ?
Did you see himsing the Stevie Wonder song and try to dance ????? Does anyone remeber stingray or Captain Scarlet and ythe way those puppets move on string ? Everyone keeps saying how much they like the guy and Paula Abdul makes him out to be a sex symbol ??? Which Sex ??? If they really liked him they would stop giving him false hope and let him go home. I think its cruel that he is being kept in the show as it is obviously for comdeic relief. This year the competition has been a real dissappointment and i doubt if any of them will go on to become major recording artists

#99188 - 03/20/06 02:49 AM Re: AMERICAN IDOL....Who will be the Next One?
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
i felt sorry for Stevie wonder who had to dig deep to find somnething positive to say about this years contestants ( some of whom had never even heard a Stevie song or could barely remember the words ( thats just plain insulting ). It must have been very embarrassing for him.

The only saving grace for the show is that the likes of Taylor Hicks and Elliot Yamin got a chance to showcase their true musical talent. None of the girls are anything special . Was this truly the best that america could find ? I have serious doubts.

#99189 - 03/20/06 03:52 AM Re: AMERICAN IDOL....Who will be the Next One?
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Quote:
Originally posted by spalding:
i felt sorry for Stevie wonder who had to dig deep to find somnething positive to say about this years contestants ( some of whom had never even heard a Stevie song or could barely remember the words ( thats just plain insulting ). It must have been very embarrassing for him.

Never heard a Stevie Wonder song? And they want to enter the music business? Are they for real? Geez!!!

------------------
Khoi huk ngam sud tee huk kon diow.

#99190 - 03/20/06 06:56 AM Re: AMERICAN IDOL....Who will be the Next One?
RyanS Offline

Loc: Jackson, MO, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by shboom:
I was disappointed to see Michelle go.

Michelle? Do you mean Melissa?

Quote:
Originally posted by spalding:
This year the competition has been a real dissappointment and i doubt if any of them will go on to become major recording artists

Are you serious? I thought last years group wasn't all that great. But this year I felt has been the best of all 5 seasons. Except for Kelly Clarkson. I think she could outsing all of the other AI winners. Maybe it'll change this year, but thus far, she's still on top in my book.

[This message has been edited by RyanS (edited 03-20-2006).]

#99191 - 03/20/06 11:47 AM Re: AMERICAN IDOL....Who will be the Next One?
shboom Offline

Loc: Victoria, British Columbia
Ryan...thank you for the correction.

o.t. slighlty...did any other unfortunate individual happen to catch American Inventor?

What is it with television these days. I mean Canadian television may be boring......but this is just plain stoopid!

....I did get a good laff outta the guy who "invented" the stick though..

------------------
...shboom

[This message has been edited by shboom (edited 03-20-2006).]

#99192 - 03/21/06 07:09 PM Re: AMERICAN IDOL....Who will be the Next One?
Dnj Offline

Tonight..... Ace, & Paris pullled it off

Page 7 of 24 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 23 24 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online