Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#98280 - 09/11/07 07:41 PM Re: Trade or Sell Ketron Sd1+ w/case for Korg Pa800
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Dave..if you used a G70...you wouldn't have to visit the gym..

He wouldn't make it to the gym without first getting his hernias repaired from lugging the G70 around.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#98281 - 09/11/07 08:07 PM Re: Trade or Sell Ketron Sd1+ w/case for Korg Pa800
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
no compromises?

No room on stage!

No speakers !

No way Jose' !

Wouldn't want to play any gig where the stage was so small, you could only use a 61... They are only about 12" smaller than a 76. You play venues THAT tight?

Wouldn't want to play any gig so small, the built-in speakers were good for anything (even monitors)... At home, my G70 sits in the sweet spot between two Mackie HR824 reference monitors. They start making built-ins that sound THAT good, THEN I'll think about one. At the gig, I've got JBL SR series PA speakers, that'll decimate any built-in.

I Play a lot of piano, I play a lot of LH bass and piano, I use a lot of SMFs and need to put up at least two sounds with decent range. Can't do that well on a 61.

We ALL make compromises... Me, I'll compromise on how much weight I have to carry. For me, it's better than compromising on the instrument itself.

No way Jose!

#98282 - 09/11/07 08:30 PM Re: Trade or Sell Ketron Sd1+ w/case for Korg Pa800
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
They are only about 12" smaller than a 76. You play venues THAT tight?
***Yup - Sometimes, I get paid very well to set up in teeeeny tiny places ! And extra FOOT is a luxury !

Wouldn't want to play any gig so small, the built-in speakers were good for anything
*** Pity - you're missing a very lucrative part of the music business... The venues that pay for ambiance and entertainment with little bits of volume. I guess you have enough money!

I Play a lot of piano, I play a lot of LH bass and piano, I use a lot of SMFs and need to put up at least two sounds with decent range. Can't do that well on a 61.
*** Come to Philly, I'll be happy to show you how ! For 15 years, I played nothing BUT LH bass and piano arrangements.

We ALL make compromises... Me, I'll compromise on how much weight I have to carry.
*** You GO, boy! Like The beatles said " Carry that weight a long time" ... I'd rather enjoy the trip as my back gets older !

No way Jose!
*** BTW - Who the hesk IS Jose' ?????

OK, OK, OK ...... this has all been in good fun!

#98283 - 09/11/07 11:29 PM Re: Trade or Sell Ketron Sd1+ w/case for Korg Pa800
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Wouldn't want to play any gig where the stage was so small, you could only use a 61... They are only about 12" smaller than a 76. You play venues THAT tight?

Yeah I play on very small stages with 5 other people. 76 keys just wouldn't work at most venues we play. That 12" is all the space I have to get out from around the keyboard next to the drum kit .... plus 76 keys wouldn't fit into my car with all the other gear I have to cart around. 12" can be critical ... sometimes size DOES matter.

#98284 - 09/12/07 12:19 PM Re: Trade or Sell Ketron Sd1+ w/case for Korg Pa800
Diki Offline

You need 12 extra inches? Why not ask the drummer to bring along fewer tom-toms, or a few less cymbals, or use an Octo-Pad and a module, if space is THAT tight...?

Then you will quickly find out how most musicians view making compromises to their rigs for the sake of space... Why is it always up to the keyboard player to accommodate everyone else?

Me, if I'm on a tight stage and there is a width problem, I'll set up sideways... Ta-daaaa!

#98285 - 09/12/07 12:30 PM Re: Trade or Sell Ketron Sd1+ w/case for Korg Pa800
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Me, if I'm on a tight stage and there is a width problem, I'll set up sideways... Ta-daaaa!

Still a compromise, and a rather large one, if you are the lead singer and want/need to be facing your audience.

Then again, you could always have a few of them standing in the wings.

Ian

#98286 - 09/12/07 05:47 PM Re: Trade or Sell Ketron Sd1+ w/case for Korg Pa800
Diki Offline

Pianist have often taken the 'slightly sideways' approach, as the piano often obscures them too much. If it was good enough for Fats Domino, and Jerry Lee, it's OK with me!

(Mind you, I STILL don't stand on my G70, strong though it is... )

#98287 - 09/12/07 06:04 PM Re: Trade or Sell Ketron Sd1+ w/case for Korg Pa800
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
My goodness, this thread is starting to get creepy!!!

Scottyee as a Blonde!!! Or worse, UD cuddling Scottyee as a Blonde!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
]

Have fun boyz 2 can play right?......all I wanted to do is put a KB up for sale.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 09-08-2007).]

------------------
Al Giordano
http://www.arrangerworld.com

Tyros 2, Yamaha P-250, Korg Triton Extreme 76, Roland VK8-M, DW Collectors Series Drums, Roland SPD-S.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#98288 - 09/12/07 06:34 PM Re: Trade or Sell Ketron Sd1+ w/case for Korg Pa800
Dnj Offline

Who cares .....

the Tips cup is getting Filled !!

#98289 - 09/12/07 10:07 PM Re: Trade or Sell Ketron Sd1+ w/case for Korg Pa800
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:
I also have DonM's Midjay, and just realized that I would have to preset all pianos, etc. on the controller every night.
R.[/B]

Russ, NO - the controller remembers the settings. Be sure the controller is set to Bank 1. I think! Maybe it's Bank 2. It's been too long for me to remember, but the controller is programmed on one of those two Banks to call up a large variety of sounds.
Call me and we'll figure it out.
DonM

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online