SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#98250 - 09/07/07 07:34 PM Re: Trade or Sell Ketron Sd1+ w/case for Korg Pa800
OldNewb Offline

Loc: Shorewood Wi. USA
Donny, I didn't read anything sounding of hatred or resentment. Everything else yes, but I think you're showing some unwarrented paranoia. Believe what you will, but you are thought of affectionately by most if not all here. imo anyways. They're just having fun. You know the saying "smoke em if you got em". they just havin fun while it's there to be had.
Jim

#98251 - 09/08/07 02:48 AM Re: Trade or Sell Ketron Sd1+ w/case for Korg Pa800
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
In the past three years I have owned a Psr2000, Psr21000, Psr3000, Tyros 1, Tyros 2 and two KN7000. Sold one and now I am selling the other one. The only keyboard I have now is the Psr3000 – and I’m searching again.

Do you know how difficult it is to go on a job with a new keyboard – you do the job well only because the talent is there. You never get to the depths of the keyboard, you don’t have it long enough, but you are able to do a good job because it’s mostly you.

I admire the people who stay with a keyboard until they know every area of it, I have done that with Technics keyboards – but there is more for me, I love to explore and learn

and sooooo V E R Y important,
I Love getting A NEW TOY. Aaaaaaaaah!

Just me, John C.

#98252 - 09/08/07 04:34 AM Re: Trade or Sell Ketron Sd1+ w/case for Korg Pa800
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
For those thinking of buying a new TOTL board, have a look at this on EBay. http://cgi.ebay.com/WERSI-Abacus-Duo-Pro...1QQcmdZViewItem

Bill

#98253 - 09/08/07 04:44 AM Re: Trade or Sell Ketron Sd1+ w/case for Korg Pa800
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by OldNewb:
Donny, I didn't read anything sounding of hatred or resentment. Everything else yes, but I think you're showing some unwarrented paranoia. Believe what you will, but you are thought of affectionately by most if not all here. imo anyways. They're just having fun. You know the saying "smoke em if you got em". they just havin fun while it's there to be had.
Jim

You nailed it, Jim. Just locker-room fun. Anyway, looks like I DID get Donny to dip into his (huge) reserve of "commas" .

chas

#98254 - 09/08/07 07:13 AM Re: Trade or Sell Ketron Sd1+ w/case for Korg Pa800
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
The vast majority of arranger keyboard players never really dig into the inner-workings of their boards. And in fact, most barely scratch the surface of what the keyboard can and cannot do. In reality, today's modern keyboards can do far more than than anyone could possibly imagine. They are extremely versitile, the sounds are incredible, and in the hands of an accomplished performer, today's keyboard provides audiences with superb, musical entertainment.

Keep in mind, however, that most arranger keyboard and synth user manuals are just plain awful. They are poorly written, have lousy illustrations, and at times many of the features are either glossed over or completely omitted.

Even with these shortcomings, the manual is a must read for everyone that purchases a keyboard or synth. Then, after searching the manual for the answers to complex questions, the next best option is to post those questions on various forums that deal with the specific keyboard. You'll usually get good information from users who have a fair degree of technical expertise, hence the creation of the various forums.

For me, the PA800 just didn't have what I wanted to hear, even after spending an hour playing with the inner workings. For now, I'll stick with the PSR-3000s.

Good Luck Donny,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#98255 - 09/08/07 07:36 AM Re: Trade or Sell Ketron Sd1+ w/case for Korg Pa800
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:

Interesting reply by UD. I only hope that '[b]something
' didn't fall off the back of that bus.
[/B]

Sorry Scott, no pot to stir here. Donny WAS a real NYC bus driver long ago. I was trying to lighten the mood when we offered pictures.

#98256 - 09/08/07 07:40 AM Re: Trade or Sell Ketron Sd1+ w/case for Korg Pa800
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
I thought Donny would grab a 900. Any intelligent person would do the same.

Wow. The secret to gaining intelligence has been revealed to us! Just buy a Yamaha, huh. Whodathunkit?
What a rediculous statement. Let's at least keep these opinions based loosely on reality folks. You can endorse whatever you like, but please don't expect everyone to share your dream.

#98257 - 09/08/07 07:54 AM Re: Trade or Sell Ketron Sd1+ w/case for Korg Pa800
zuki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
What a rediculous statement.

Just poking a little fun, but not a ridiculous statement in my mind

zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#98258 - 09/08/07 08:05 AM Re: Trade or Sell Ketron Sd1+ w/case for Korg Pa800
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:

Donny WAS a real NYC bus driver long ago.

OMG! This forum (espcially NOW!) reminds me of the Classic 50's TV shows: the "Honeymooners", starring Jackie Gleason as Ralph Kramden (a NYC bus driver) & wife Alice, who constantly bicker & fight right up until the end of the show, and then at the very end, kiss & make up, with Gleason delivering his classic: "Baby, you're the Greatest!" line, but then, back at each others throats again in the very NEXT episode. Sound hauntingly familiar folks?

Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 09-08-2007).]

#98259 - 09/08/07 08:28 AM Re: Trade or Sell Ketron Sd1+ w/case for Korg Pa800
zuki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
The vast majority of arranger keyboard players never really dig into the inner-workings of their boards. And in fact, most barely scratch the surface of what the keyboard can and cannot do. In reality, today's modern keyboards can do far more than than anyone could possibly imagine. They are extremely versitile, the sounds are incredible, and in the hands of an accomplished performer, today's keyboard provides audiences with superb, musical entertainment.

Amen I am just amazed at the capabilities my personal arranger allows. It has taken time (8 months) to really explore everything it offers. A truly remarkable product in every way.

As much as I like all products, I have found one that allows me to grow. In fact, I get anxious about other boards, but cannot justify buying anything else. It works - big time

zuki

zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online