SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#98195 - 07/13/07 03:35 PM Wheres all the GENERAL MUSIC Arranger Players ?
Dnj Offline

Id like to hear from them and about their products, experiences, demos, or anything....seems like a while since anyone even mentioned them?
http://www.generalmusic.com/html/prodotti.asp?cod=995217&lingua=eng&frame=ca
http://www.generalmusic.com/html/prodotti.asp?cod=995217&ext=extra/genesys_s/genesys_s_audiodemo.htm

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 07-13-2007).]

#98196 - 07/13/07 04:36 PM Re: Wheres all the GENERAL MUSIC Arranger Players ?
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I quit selling their products over a year ago. I just couldn't deal with all the problems and except for Dave McMahon, who is a good guy, the rest of their USA team just wasn't responsive to my needs. I've been told there are now only a few people left working here in the USA for the company.

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com
(Retired 2021)

#98197 - 07/13/07 05:26 PM Re: Wheres all the GENERAL MUSIC Arranger Players ?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Chris Anthony is on the list of General Music[USA] departed personnel.

And George you are right..Dave is a good guy, and I wish him success

#98198 - 07/13/07 06:13 PM Re: Wheres all the GENERAL MUSIC Arranger Players ?
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
Hello Donny et al,
Thanks to Dave McMahan! I'm still using the Genesys XP on most of the venues where space is a problem. No real problems on the job thanks again, to Dave. I like the idea of going on break and being able to play a CD or downloaded mp3s all on one machine (something I was able to do with the PA1XPRO) On larger venues, I alternate between the PA800 keyboard and midi accordion using the PA800 as the expander as well. Sorry I haven't been able to post a demo. I was expecting Dave, who is certainly much more capable and knowledgeable than I am, to do a demo. I've yet to try vocals through the board or module. I like to tweek the EQ and effects on the fly/as needed so I still use a mini mixer or the EQ on the Bose L1. I happen to like the Korg PA series features, sounds and styles and the Genesys XP is the only module - which I know of - that offers something fairly close to what the Korg offers.

George, I'm sorry you had problems with GEM. Fortunately for me, I've only dealt with Dave and 2-3 times with Arty. Were it not for Dave's patience and willingness to walk me through some of the rough spots, I think I would have re-thought the XP. Hopefully, GEM will recognize Dave's value to their US operation.
Ciao,
Jerry

#98199 - 07/13/07 06:24 PM Re: Wheres all the GENERAL MUSIC Arranger Players ?
Dnj Offline

Jerry thanx for the info...glad to hear at least one person is enjoying a GM product.....sad to hear it will probably go the way of Technics down the road without any support.....I wonder if in Europe its the same situation also?

#98200 - 07/14/07 09:09 AM Re: Wheres all the GENERAL MUSIC Arranger Players ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

OK, let's put this to rest, shall we?

I am still with Generalmusic and I am not planning on anything changing in that respect.

There have been a couple of changes in our office involving the receptionist and office manager positions. But that's it, no big deal. Our office staff has the same number of people as it has had since I started with the company almost 7 years ago.

Our sales division has recently gone through some positive changes in that we have a new sales manager who has brought on 8 new reps to cover the country better than in the past when we had basically 3 1/2 reps. I consider myself the 1/2 in that scenario because along with trying to cover a sales territory I was also handling all of the support issues, creating support and training materials, etc. Not to mention being quite active on several forums. When a friend of mine (who has been in this industry as a rep and/or nat'l sales manager for many years) expressed interest in the territory I was covering I was happy to give it up because I felt I could be much more effective in the support area especially since the new reps are bringing on new dealers all over the country at a steady rate.

While I can't speak for Chris Anthony, I can say that sometimes people get burned out on what they are doing and make a decision to move on. As far as I know Chris is still friends with everyone at Generalmusic and seems to be happy in his latest endeavors.

Generalmusic was established in 1890, far earlier than most other brands.
Generalmusic developed many of the features that other brands now offer.
Generalmusic is not going anywhere.

Finally, thank you to those with nice things to say about my efforts. I realize that I work for a small company as compared to the brands that are frequently talked about and praised on this forum. I also realize the uniqueness and potential of the products offered by Generalmusic. And I actually enjoy the fact that we are a relatively small company because that means we can give much more of our attention to each individual customer which most GEM owners truly appreciate. I have over 30 years of experience in acoustic and electronic instruments and feel very strongly that the GEM keyboard models deserve a lot more attention and that is starting to happen. One of the largest (and very reputable) online dealers has become a Generalmusic Pro Products dealer, Sweetwater Music. This was a big step for us and one that has already proven to be a very good idea.

Thank you for reading this.

Best Regards,

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
Nat'l Product and Support Manager
Generalmusic USA
GEM Community Forums

#98201 - 07/14/07 12:16 PM Re: Wheres all the GENERAL MUSIC Arranger Players ?
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
Thank you Dave,
Your response is very reassuring, certainly for me at least. And you can be certain that I’ll be asking for more guidance and advice from you in the future. Good to know you’ll be there.
Ciao,
Jerry

#98202 - 07/14/07 09:09 PM Re: Wheres all the GENERAL MUSIC Arranger Players ?
Dnj Offline

Thanx for teh reply Dave......are there any new units in the works for General Music?

#98203 - 07/15/07 07:35 AM Re: Wheres all the GENERAL MUSIC Arranger Players ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Thanx for teh reply Dave......are there any new units in the works for General Music?

Of course there are. Some that I know about and I am sure some that I am not privy to yet. None of which I can share here, sorry.

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
Nat'l Product and Support Manager
Generalmusic USA
GEM Community Forums

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online