SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#98062 - 05/13/05 04:05 PM Re: UD's CarJacking ...... yikes!
MrEd Offline

UD,
Its good to hear that you are OK.

Hope too that your car & stuff is brought back to you in good shape ... keeping in mind that a bullet passed in your direction and you are here, able to talk about it ...
the outcome on the rest of it can be dealt with.

Take Care.

#98063 - 05/13/05 04:21 PM Re: UD's CarJacking ...... yikes!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Uncle Dave: wow, quite a tramatically sureal experience you had to go thru. I've seen this sort of thing happen on TV and reported on the news but now that I actually know someone (Uncle Dave) who this has happened to, it really hit home!. I'm just happy to hear that you've survived (with your life) to tell the story. Glad to hear that your car & cellphone have been recovered. Material things can be replaced, but life is irrepaceable, so we count our blessing that you're still here with us Uncle Dave. Stay well.

Scott

#98064 - 05/13/05 04:50 PM Re: UD's CarJacking ...... yikes!
JCkeeys Offline

Loc: St. James,New York,USA
Thank God You Are OK!!!!

This place would not be the same without you!

#98065 - 05/13/05 05:12 PM Re: UD's CarJacking ...... yikes!
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Dave: Somebody up there sure likes your music. (I do too and am grateful that you and your gear survived this unwanted drama.)
Life is short and friends are precious. Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

In hindsight, was there anything you can think of that might have either prevented the situation or aided in the capture of this low-life jerk?

RICE (The Lone Arranger)

#98066 - 05/13/05 05:22 PM Re: UD's CarJacking ...... yikes!
Beakybird Offline

Dear UD,

Thank God you are alive! Unbelievable!

Wow, now I'm glad I live in a boring suburb.

Dave, you're always buying the latest gizmos. I'm surprised that you didn't have an eject button in your car to get rid of this guy - or something!

We are waiting to find out if your other belongings are still there. That would be a perfect ending to a Bad scene.

Take Kung Fu lessons, UD - or at least eat more garlic so maybe this sort of thing doesn't happen again.

If you're still shaken up, I know a psychiatrist (My brother-in-law) in your area, who can keep you medicated for a couple of months until you're ready to step out of your bedroom.

Next time you post something, UD, make sure it is a little more exciting, OK?

Best regards,

Beakybird

#98067 - 05/13/05 09:42 PM Re: UD's CarJacking ...... yikes!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by freddynl:
Were you forced to stop ?
Or did you intitially stop to help and then
finding a gun against you?

I had no choice really. The cars that swerved in front of me were out of the way by the time I got to the guy in the road. I thought he was in trouble, but as I got closer, it seems to be more evident that I was the one in trouble!

#98068 - 05/13/05 09:44 PM Re: UD's CarJacking ...... yikes!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by Riceroni9:
In hindsight, was there anything you can think of that might have either prevented the situation or aided in the capture of this low-life jerk?

RICE (The Lone Arranger)

I truly belive that I was in teh rigth place at the right time. This guy was a loose cannon, and if he had encountered someone that made him more nuts, maybe someone else would have gotten killed. Al;l he wanted was to run ... he never wanted to hurt me.
BTW - he was captured that same night and is behind bars as we speak!

#98069 - 05/14/05 09:05 AM Re: UD's CarJacking ...... yikes!
firehead Offline

Loc: thornwood, n.y. , usa
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
[B]For those of you that HAVEN'T heard - brace yourselves .....
for the rest of you that know - here's a recap of the events.

First of all - I'm fine, BUT ( there's always a but, huh?) I was car jacked tonight at gunpoint, and the jacker even fired a shot at me to get me to exit my car. Pretty scary stuff. I was on the phone with Chris (my son) when it happened, and I hung up rather abruptly. Thankfully, he had the good sense to call 911 for me, as the theif took my car AND my phone. ( stinker ... he now has my KEYS too.

The reader's digest version is this:
About 4PM, in North Philly, this 20yr old kid shoots a guy(who later died), steals this little silver Chevy and then fled north on 95 where the Chevy ran out of gas. This is where I came in ......
He was waving his arm at motorists to get new wheels, and after a few swerved around him ... I was face to face at close range, stuck behind his stalled vehicle with a gun pointed at my face. Yikes.

He shouted at me to get out of the car, and I didn't respond quick enough for him. I kept the window down for a bit, then I lowered it and asked him what he wanted ..... he fired a shot passed my left ear and shouted again .... this is when I gave up the car. I tried to grab my phone again, but he told me to leave it. He looked more scared than I was, but I didn't take any chances .... I just let him take the car, and he sped off.

I called out to a guy in a convertible, and he called 911 as well ... and soon, the place was crawling with State Troopers. As the traffic got worse and the day got darker - it got even MORE bizzare: A drunk driver SLAMS into the back of a brand new trooper's car. they tried to get him into an ambulance, and he was wrestling with the trooper! What an idiot !
(you all know my tolerance for out of control drunks .......)

so, all in all - it took 3 hours, 7 cop cars, 2 CSI teams, 3 wreckers, 2 ambulances and about 2000 drivers all backed up on 95 before I got home tonight....and I lost the night's work as well. Sheeesh.

There IS good news though:
They found my car at 10 pm in Philly, and they will call in the morning for me to come and assess the situation. They couldn't tell me anything about condition or contents tonight. ( fingers crossed ).
My cell phone aided the recovery - they traced the car as far as Mt Laurel at about 9pm, but this bozo ditched it and stole ANOTHER car before mine was recovered .. so I have no idea if mine was stripped or what. More info in the morning.

So - not to worry .... I'm fine, and all I lost so far was a nights pay.

DAVE Thank God you're safe and alright. Remember, the material thinsg can be replaced but Uncle Dave cannot be replaced. Good to hear your safe and sound.

Larry P from New York

#98070 - 05/14/05 04:58 PM Re: UD's CarJacking ...... yikes!
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Dave I'm glad you're OK. I'm suprised I haven't seen you on the evening news. Hope you didn't lose any more hair buddy.

#98071 - 05/14/05 05:01 PM Re: UD's CarJacking ...... yikes!
The Accordionist Offline

Good to hear all is well, Dave.

I didn't realize the BOSE PAS was that DAMN DESIRABLE!!

Tommy

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online