SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#97516 - 01/16/05 12:57 PM Korgs new keyboard! Anyone have any info????
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Anyone have any info on this board? I saw at Sweetwaters site that Korg is going to reveal a new keyboard on the 20th of this month. I wonder if it's a synth or arranger.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#97517 - 01/16/05 01:32 PM Re: Korgs new keyboard! Anyone have any info????
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Some think it will be a new Synthesizer and some think it will be a new Workstation Keyboard that will replace the Triton series. Others think it will be a Rack Mount version of an existing technology.

On Korg's Home Page it gives you a glimpse into what it might be, i.e. - "The Next Chapter" flash animation that loads on the screen.

Best regards,
Mike

#97518 - 01/16/05 01:37 PM Re: Korgs new keyboard! Anyone have any info????
Clif Anderson Offline

Korg Oasys

Basically a sample playback workstation incorporating Korg's Wavestation and Karma technologies; it is expandable so that other synth technologies can be added. While not an arranger, the updated Karma function will allow one-button switching among 8-variations of a pattern generated using chord recognition. There are eight velocity-sensitive chord-trigger buttons, so you can pre-program complex chords that you don't want to finger. The big omission from an arranger perspective is the lack of vocal harmony.

The Oasys incoporates hard disk recording and can burn to an internal CDR. Four analog ins, two with phantom power, 10 analog outs, digital i/o, for sampling and for adding effects to inputs.

[This message has been edited by Clif Anderson (edited 01-16-2005).]

#97519 - 01/16/05 01:55 PM Re: Korgs new keyboard! Anyone have any info????
Clif Anderson Offline

I looked at the teaser that Mike pointed out. I counted 8 mini-pics, here are my best guesses of what they show.

1. A shot of a side panel.
2. Sliders with leds to indicate present value. The specs indicate there are nine of these sliders, corresponding to nine drawbars on an organ.
3. A view of the LCD display showing drawbars, probably corresponding to the slider settings.
4. A shot of the "multipads". There are eight and these are the velocity-sensitive soft-touch "multi" pads, used for triggering chords and drum sounds.
5. Knobs with LEDs, used for Karma parameter control and for varying other synth parameters in real time. There are eight of these.
6. A display shot of a sample editing screen.
7. A display shot of a Karma parameter editing screen.
8. A display shot for editing filter parameters.

#97520 - 01/17/05 06:54 PM Re: Korgs new keyboard! Anyone have any info????
Pennywizz6 Offline

Loc: Shakopee, MN, USA
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet... Heres some info
http://www.gearjunkies.com/product_info.php?products_id=13385 http://www.gearjunkies.com/view_image.php?id=2880

Its gunna revolutionize something.

Phil

#97521 - 01/17/05 07:42 PM Re: Korgs new keyboard! Anyone have any info????
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Good Lord I can't even imagine what the price tag on this thing would be. I'd probably have to trade in my Lincoln for one of these puppies..
Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#97522 - 01/17/05 07:45 PM Re: Korgs new keyboard! Anyone have any info????
Pennywizz6 Offline

Loc: Shakopee, MN, USA
I cant imagine either, prolly around 5k... if not more! All I know is it has sweetness written all over it.

Phil

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online