SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#97117 - 07/23/02 06:19 AM Re: Tyros. PSR comparable?
Mario Offline

Loc: Wayside, New jersey, USA
Hi Don:
Wow! what I've been missing!
I guess I am putting a cup out there from now on. I usually get paid what I consider a good fee for a "solo" musician/singer performance($650.00 on average), but the kind of "tipping" you mention can't be ignored. The only difference is that I rarely play at "piano bar" situations, most of my gigs are private affairs at country clubs or catering halls in the NJ, NY area(bar mitsvahs, weddings, brises, engagement partys, fund raisers, etc..) very litlle in the way of Night Clubs. These situations do not lend themselves to the intimate atmosphere of a lounge. However, occasionally there'll be someone who will tip and it's usually the person that hired me, and it can run anywhere from $20.00 to $100.00 bucks. Last week I did a dinner function at The Spring Lake B&T in NJ and there was no tipping but they fed me a succulent lobster tail dinner worth $40.00 in any restaurant. I guess you can't measure everything on dollars and cents after all.
Best Regards,
Mario

[This message has been edited by Mario (edited 07-23-2002).]

#97118 - 07/23/02 04:44 PM Re: Tyros. PSR comparable?
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hello

I saw the new MMR magazine (Music Merchandise Review) today where I work at Fletcher Music Centers. It is compatible with the PSR9000 and then should be with all the relatively newer PSR's.

I am looking forward to checking this one out because my new PSR2000 just blows me away. This new one should be the cats meow, I hope.

Scott Langholff

#97119 - 07/23/02 04:48 PM Re: Tyros. PSR comparable?
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hello

Just looked at the heading on this post. I thought it said "compatible" not "comparable".

Scott

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online