SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#96921 - 08/01/07 07:58 AM Re: Don M?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
George, you are right, I didn't notice the way it worked, because I was doing it on the job, and just hit stop and exit so I could go on with the show. I did audition one last night, and now I recall that it did go to the folder. Since the song was the only one there, I didn't notice that they all would be stored there.
Thanks,
DonM

#96922 - 08/01/07 10:32 AM Re: Don M?
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Don, let me clarify.
If you make a folder......it will always show up on the main directory when you select "songs" from the USB. However, unless you are in the display that says "USB Audio Recorder" you will not see any files in this folder. You must select "audition", then go to the folder and you will find your files.
Also, if you don't put your songs in a folder, they will show up on the last page of all the songs you have on your USB device. So, lets say you have 18 pages of midi files and you select "audition" and you had 5 songs created as Audio Files and never have put them in a folder. They will show up on page "19" now that you've selected "audition". If you didn't hit "audition", these name and extra page would not be visible. I hope this makes sense! Now, if you copy and paste these songs into the folder you created, they will all be there and no longer at the end of the song pages. But remember, if you call up the folder and see nothing inside, you are not in the "USB Audio Recorder" section and you have not selected the button under the word "audition". Call me if this doesn't make any sense!

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com
(Retired 2021)

#96923 - 08/01/07 12:19 PM Re: Don M?
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
So now you don't even need to bring the ipod for the break songs is that correct? Can I transfer wav files to the usb and play them or do you need to actually record it on the 900?
and you don't need the laptop for the words, they're gonna sell a ton of these things. IMHO

#96924 - 08/01/07 01:05 PM Re: Don M?
Dnj Offline

Mike dont be fooled by the hype....fluid navagation to juggle all these features live is key. But if it works for your needs enjoy it.

#96925 - 08/01/07 02:36 PM Re: Don M?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Navigation, though similar to previous models, seems to be easier and faster on the 900.
I'm learning shortcuts that are obvious once you learn them!
I look forward to optimizing this keyboard to best suit my needs. So far it has surpassed my expectations.
Thanks for the clarification, George.
DonM

#96926 - 08/01/07 03:01 PM Re: Don M?
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Everyone,
Yes, you can put your USB drive in your computer and just transfer .wav files directly to the drive and they will play in the 900. I just took a CD, ripped one of the songs and dragged it to the USB drive and it played just like the original.

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com
(Retired 2021)

#96927 - 08/01/07 06:49 PM Re: Don M?
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
thanks George.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2