SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#96454 - 12/11/04 07:35 AM Re: The G70 adventure & review
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
So what's the list and retail of the G-70?

Does anyone know how it handles selection and playback of midi files, by means of instant recall and playback from arranger play? like the Tyros,

#96455 - 12/11/04 09:02 AM Re: The G70 adventure & review
zuki Offline

Geo-
Yes, in Cincinnati. If you have (1) after Christmas, we can talk again. I'd love to treat myself, but have other obligations for now. Of course, after Christmas, I'll be more broke and will then have to wait again Thanks for letting me know.
zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#96456 - 12/11/04 06:58 PM Re: The G70 adventure & review
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
Scott and all PA1XPRO owners. As to the chord recognition issues, EVERYONE that has one should call KORG to describe the problem and request it to be changed. They are currently working on the next release of the OS.Lee

Lee,

AS I'm NOT currently a Korg or PA1xPro owner, I doubt they would listen to me.
I suggest that you (and all other PA1x Pro owners) forward the following thread link to Korg in hopes to convince them to change their chord recognition table:
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/009566.html

Many thanks in advance.

Scott

------------------
http://scottyee.com

#96457 - 12/11/04 07:21 PM Re: The G70 adventure & review
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Scott,
I for one will DO IT!
I'll let everyone know what they say...
Lee

#96458 - 12/12/04 04:05 PM Re: The G70 adventure & review
R-F Offline

Loc: Berlin/ Germany
Hi,
I visited a G70 presentation and can say, it sounds much much better as the VA 76.
The drums are more brillant (well, the Tyros drums are a little better), the other voices will sound natural, the styles aren't boring (the first versions were equipped with old styles, and the presenter used the last software version with all features, but some bugs, they fix it before selling).
There are some Tyros features, as the voicing feature (no more one transposed bar chord) or short endings (Fill in, crash and that's all instead a long solo).
Together with Tyros, the G 70 may enhance your sound.

------------------
Regards
RF

#96459 - 12/12/04 11:41 PM Re: The G70 adventure & review
Roel Offline

What I think has happened :

The G70 that was delivered form me, had the old' software and styles. The style were boring and simple.....

I hope I'm right in this?

#96460 - 12/13/04 07:36 AM Re: The G70 adventure & review
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
Scott,
I for one will DO IT!
I'll let everyone know what they say...
Lee

Thanks Lee. - Scott

#96461 - 12/13/04 11:48 AM Re: The G70 adventure & review
Tom NL Offline

Loc: Holland
Quote:
Originally posted by Roel:

The G70 that was delivered form me, had the old' software and styles. The style were boring and simple.....

Quote:
Originally posted by Roel:

Hi Roel,

You probably know I also have my eye on the G-70 so I was unpleasantly surprised by your experience. Although I respect your opinion and thank you for your review, I still find it difficult to believe that Roland 'missed the boat' that much.

I hope it's partly because you are so very used to the Ketron SD1 that the transition to any other keyboard is a bit of a shock. But since Roland is in such a great rush to get the G-70 on the market it just might as well be that your particular instrument was still one of the pre-production models. If so it's inexcusable of course but would explain a lot! I hope Roland is reading our discussions!! Hello??

Since some of you have better experiences I still have my hopes up and will try it out as soon as my schedule allows it. Will be after Christmas though.

Anyway, I hope you like the PA1X even more than the Ketron!

------------------
Tom NL

#96462 - 12/13/04 12:27 PM Re: The G70 adventure & review
Tom NL Offline

Loc: Holland
By the way, Roland has a lot more demos planning in the next months. And they are all done by Ralf Schink and Danny Wuyts. Two really good and very professional musicians. Maybe that's because there has been quite some criticism about the first demos, but we can only guess. It will be a good opportunity for me to give it a second change and listen to the full potential of the G-70.

Waiting a few weeks could also be a good thing because it might reveal why Roland was in such a hurry to get the G-70 on the market. If the competition (must be Yamaha) introduces something in the same league it must be at the Winter-NAMM in 5 weeks.

I think the specs of the G-70 are still great and it will be very hard to top them.

Check out the demos for Holland and Belgium here: http://www.roland.be/inhoud-N.html

Tom.

[This message has been edited by Tom NL (edited 12-14-2004).]

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online