SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#96087 - 06/08/03 01:56 PM Please take a listen at my songs on my webpage and tell me what do you think...
Luis.Santos Offline

Loc: Portugal
Since everybody share their music on this forum, and since I consider myself a little part of it, I'll also share a bit of my occupation as a musician.
Well, for the first time I have my webpage with some mp3 demos on it. It's all played realtime by me (on a SD1) and by my girlfriend, who is also the singer working with me.

Even if you can't understand portuguese, if you can take some time listening to some of the mp3, I'd be very grateful with any opinions.

The link to the MP3 section of my webpage is this: www.geocities.com/dcantabile/demo

The problem of my webpage is the limited data transfer... Anyway, I hope you can listen to some songs.

Thanks in advance

Luis Santos

#96088 - 06/08/03 03:14 PM Re: Please take a listen at my songs on my webpage and tell me what do you think...
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
Dear Luis.

For me site unvailable.

Chico

#96089 - 06/08/03 03:22 PM Re: Please take a listen at my songs on my webpage and tell me what do you think...
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Luis: I was lucky enough to hear a couple of your songs before the bandwidth suddenly exceeded its capacity. Beautiful songs and wonderful expressive performance . First class act. I look forward to the opoportunity to return and hear more as soon as the bandwidth is restored. Bravo! - Scott

#96090 - 06/08/03 04:00 PM Re: Please take a listen at my songs on my webpage and tell me what do you think...
Mainer Offline

Loc: Saco, Me
I was able to hear a couple of your songs wow what a team you two make. Top notch & first class in my book.

Jerry

#96091 - 06/08/03 07:16 PM Re: Please take a listen at my songs on my webpage and tell me what do you think...
KN_Fan Offline

Hi Luis,
First time for me to reply to your post. You're GOOD! I take it you also play professionally??

#96092 - 06/08/03 07:18 PM Re: Please take a listen at my songs on my webpage and tell me what do you think...
KN_Fan Offline

Nevermind my previous message.....I answered my own question

#96093 - 06/08/03 08:29 PM Re: Please take a listen at my songs on my webpage and tell me what do you think...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Luis,
They really sound great. You did an excellent job both playing and recording the songs. Your girlfriend has an excellent voice and quite a range.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#96094 - 06/08/03 08:44 PM Re: Please take a listen at my songs on my webpage and tell me what do you think...
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Outstanding!
DonM

#96095 - 06/09/03 07:22 AM Re: Please take a listen at my songs on my webpage and tell me what do you think...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Luis,

Thanks for sharing your demos. And congratulations: the quality is excellent! This is a nice sample of the music that works is a tasteful portuguese party act. Moreover your choice puts in evidence the best qualities of Ketron keyboards: latin party music. You are a well trained & skilled keyboardist, and Gisela has a wonderful voice. Her voice remembers me Shirley Bassey's in certains moments (in "My Way", for example) One remark: if you could sing and make a second voice, it could add a plus to your terrific songs.

-- José.

#96096 - 06/09/03 07:33 AM Re: Please take a listen at my songs on my webpage and tell me what do you think...
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
Luis

I think as Jose.
Great!!!

Chico

#96097 - 06/09/03 11:39 AM Re: Please take a listen at my songs on my webpage and tell me what do you think...
Luis.Santos Offline

Well, I'm very happy and very glad with all the reviews!
I have a couple of questions to anyone who has listened to some songs:

What do you think about the Reverb used on the voice? I'm not sure if I'm using the most adequate reverb type as well as the amount of reverb.

I guess I should use the Vocalizer more often on her voice, and I'll do that in the future.

Thanks everybody for the time spent listening to my demos!

Luis Santos

#96098 - 06/09/03 12:24 PM Re: Please take a listen at my songs on my webpage and tell me what do you think...
trtjazz Offline

Luis,
I listened to every cut....VERY nice. Great vocals, arrangements and playing. The only thing I would say is, I think a bit too much reverb all around for my tastes.
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

#96099 - 06/09/03 12:29 PM Re: Please take a listen at my songs on my webpage and tell me what do you think...
Luis.Santos Offline

trtjazz,

Thanks for the opinion.

I really think you're right about the reverb, that's why I asked that on my previous post. Maybe it's a bit too exagerated, but that's the way we're using it live. (I didn't touch our setup even a bit for recording all the songs to Minidisc).

By the way, congratulations for all of your musical compositions! So many CDs!

Luis Santos

#96100 - 06/09/03 12:43 PM Re: Please take a listen at my songs on my webpage and tell me what do you think...
Luis.Santos Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by matias:
One remark: if you could sing and make a second voice, it could add a plus to your terrific songs.

-- José.

Hello!

Thanks a lot for the input!
Yes, I could sing but I think I'm a better pianist/keyboardist than a singer!

Best Regards

Luis Santos

#96101 - 06/09/03 01:05 PM Re: Please take a listen at my songs on my webpage and tell me what do you think...
SD_FAN Offline

Loc: São Paulo, SP / Brazil
Hi Luis.

Also for me the site is unavailable.

Armando

#96102 - 06/09/03 01:09 PM Re: Please take a listen at my songs on my webpage and tell me what do you think...
Luis.Santos Offline

Armando,

I will soon have to upgrade my site to a better service on geocities, because of the excessive traffic. I mean, I'm under a free site, so data transfer is veri restricted.

Please try again within an hour and the site will work again...

Thanks

Luis Santos

#96103 - 06/09/03 04:20 PM Re: Please take a listen at my songs on my webpage and tell me what do you think...
beachbum Offline

Loc: Austin
Hi Luis,
Really nice recoding quality! Really enjoyed it! Good job, although I only listened to about 5 of them cause I didn't want to take away the band-width...
Did you record this on a computer? Sounded like studio work to me!!
Again, very nice...
DJ

#96104 - 06/09/03 04:35 PM Re: Please take a listen at my songs on my webpage and tell me what do you think...
Luis.Santos Offline

beachbum,

Fell free taking away all the band-width, if you really want to hear some other songs! While I keep this free service of Geocities, my page will be on and off, depending on the downloads and number of users seeing the page...

About the "studio work", I used the computer only to edit the tracks and normalize some songs. All the songs were recorded live and directly from mixer to Minidisc, and then to Computer through line in (an so, losing some more sound quality). I used only the reverb effects from the Keyboard to the keyboard sounds and a TC electronic M300 to the reverb of the voice.

I'll be able to record directly to computer since I'm planning on purchasing a laptop.

Best regards

Luis Santos

#96105 - 06/10/03 04:16 AM Re: Please take a listen at my songs on my webpage and tell me what do you think...
SD_FAN Offline

Loc: São Paulo, SP / Brazil
Hi Luis.

I hear only a couple of your songs, but

WOW!!!!

Congratulations. You did an excellent job.

Armando

#96106 - 06/10/03 04:34 AM Re: Please take a listen at my songs on my webpage and tell me what do you think...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Luis.Santos:

Yes, I could sing but I think I'm a better pianist/keyboardist than a singer!

You don't need to have Gisela's voice to make beautiful second voices. I've heard a lot of nice harmonies done by people with very average voices.

One question: you are using "Bass to Lowest" features to achieve slash chords, like C/E, for instance, right?

-- José.

#96107 - 06/10/03 06:37 AM Re: Please take a listen at my songs on my webpage and tell me what do you think...
Luis.Santos Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by matias:
You don't need to have Gisela's voice to make beautiful second voices. I've heard a lot of nice harmonies done by people with very average voices.

One question: you are using "Bass to Lowest" features to achieve slash chords, like C/E, for instance, right?

-- José.

Hello

I'll try to sing some second voices on some songs later...

Yes, I use bass to lowest on a lot of songs we play. I use it in "My way", just as an example. If you play classic piano like I do, I think it's the best way to achieve those chords we could do when using both hands (left for the bass notes and right for the chord).

Best Regards

Luis Santos

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online