SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#96097 - 06/09/03 11:39 AM Re: Please take a listen at my songs on my webpage and tell me what do you think...
Luis.Santos Offline

Loc: Portugal
Well, I'm very happy and very glad with all the reviews!
I have a couple of questions to anyone who has listened to some songs:

What do you think about the Reverb used on the voice? I'm not sure if I'm using the most adequate reverb type as well as the amount of reverb.

I guess I should use the Vocalizer more often on her voice, and I'll do that in the future.

Thanks everybody for the time spent listening to my demos!

Luis Santos

#96098 - 06/09/03 12:24 PM Re: Please take a listen at my songs on my webpage and tell me what do you think...
trtjazz Offline

Luis,
I listened to every cut....VERY nice. Great vocals, arrangements and playing. The only thing I would say is, I think a bit too much reverb all around for my tastes.
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

#96099 - 06/09/03 12:29 PM Re: Please take a listen at my songs on my webpage and tell me what do you think...
Luis.Santos Offline

trtjazz,

Thanks for the opinion.

I really think you're right about the reverb, that's why I asked that on my previous post. Maybe it's a bit too exagerated, but that's the way we're using it live. (I didn't touch our setup even a bit for recording all the songs to Minidisc).

By the way, congratulations for all of your musical compositions! So many CDs!

Luis Santos

#96100 - 06/09/03 12:43 PM Re: Please take a listen at my songs on my webpage and tell me what do you think...
Luis.Santos Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by matias:
One remark: if you could sing and make a second voice, it could add a plus to your terrific songs.

-- José.

Hello!

Thanks a lot for the input!
Yes, I could sing but I think I'm a better pianist/keyboardist than a singer!

Best Regards

Luis Santos

#96101 - 06/09/03 01:05 PM Re: Please take a listen at my songs on my webpage and tell me what do you think...
SD_FAN Offline

Loc: São Paulo, SP / Brazil
Hi Luis.

Also for me the site is unavailable.

Armando

#96102 - 06/09/03 01:09 PM Re: Please take a listen at my songs on my webpage and tell me what do you think...
Luis.Santos Offline

Armando,

I will soon have to upgrade my site to a better service on geocities, because of the excessive traffic. I mean, I'm under a free site, so data transfer is veri restricted.

Please try again within an hour and the site will work again...

Thanks

Luis Santos

#96103 - 06/09/03 04:20 PM Re: Please take a listen at my songs on my webpage and tell me what do you think...
beachbum Offline

Loc: Austin
Hi Luis,
Really nice recoding quality! Really enjoyed it! Good job, although I only listened to about 5 of them cause I didn't want to take away the band-width...
Did you record this on a computer? Sounded like studio work to me!!
Again, very nice...
DJ

#96104 - 06/09/03 04:35 PM Re: Please take a listen at my songs on my webpage and tell me what do you think...
Luis.Santos Offline

beachbum,

Fell free taking away all the band-width, if you really want to hear some other songs! While I keep this free service of Geocities, my page will be on and off, depending on the downloads and number of users seeing the page...

About the "studio work", I used the computer only to edit the tracks and normalize some songs. All the songs were recorded live and directly from mixer to Minidisc, and then to Computer through line in (an so, losing some more sound quality). I used only the reverb effects from the Keyboard to the keyboard sounds and a TC electronic M300 to the reverb of the voice.

I'll be able to record directly to computer since I'm planning on purchasing a laptop.

Best regards

Luis Santos

#96105 - 06/10/03 04:16 AM Re: Please take a listen at my songs on my webpage and tell me what do you think...
SD_FAN Offline

Loc: São Paulo, SP / Brazil
Hi Luis.

I hear only a couple of your songs, but

WOW!!!!

Congratulations. You did an excellent job.

Armando

#96106 - 06/10/03 04:34 AM Re: Please take a listen at my songs on my webpage and tell me what do you think...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Luis.Santos:

Yes, I could sing but I think I'm a better pianist/keyboardist than a singer!

You don't need to have Gisela's voice to make beautiful second voices. I've heard a lot of nice harmonies done by people with very average voices.

One question: you are using "Bass to Lowest" features to achieve slash chords, like C/E, for instance, right?

-- José.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online