SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#95954 - 10/29/03 07:03 AM Re: Recording to mp3 with vocals?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Philip,

When you open the volume control box by double clicking the speaker, then click options and properties, look at the box below and scroll down the box that says "Show the following controls" and see if there isn't a box to click for line in at that location. Also, be sure the correct mixer divice has been selected as well. In my case it's ESS Allegro, but this varies with individual computers.

Then be sure that you have selected the recording properties. The line in does not display in the playback properties.

Hope this is of some assistance,

Gary

BTW--While I cannot speak Hebrew, I can still enjoy the music.

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#95955 - 10/29/03 12:53 PM Re: Recording to mp3 with vocals?
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
Philip,
The line in does not display in the playback properties.

Gary

Gary, the Line In can as well be displayed in the Playback properties. But of course since Philip1's Laptop doesn't have a line in connector it is quite possible that it would NOT show up in the Playback properties OR the Recording properties either. It can also be dependent on the Operating System he or anyone else uses too.

Also I wanted to state again that you will most likely not get an excellent recording from a Mic-In connection Philip. First of all the Gain will most likely not be sufficient. I would recommend a good Mic Pre Amp before running a signal into the Mic Input connector of your Laptop.

Best regards,
Mike

#95956 - 10/29/03 12:54 PM Re: Recording to mp3 with vocals?
Philip1 Offline

Loc: Jerusalem, Israel
Ok, I actually managed to record to my laptop! Used the mic in, and it worked fine. Well, almost fine. For some reason the kb music sounds fine, while my voice, singing THROUGH the keyboard seems to be too loud, it's fuzzy and growling. I'll play around with that, it shouldn't be insurmountable...

Philip

I also have some sound forge related questions, but I'll make that a seperate post...

#95957 - 10/29/03 01:04 PM Re: Recording to mp3 with vocals?
Philip1 Offline

Mike, as I pointed out in the post before this one (hadn't seen yours yet), my problem seems to be the other way around! I seem to be getting too MUCH gain. If I don't keep the mic recording volume way down, my voice records too loud...

Philip

#95958 - 10/29/03 02:07 PM Re: Recording to mp3 with vocals?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Philip,

Be sure that the switch next to the mic/line in on the back of the keyboard is set to mic. The switch is right next to the mic jack.

Now, lower the mic's volume to about 30 percent using the small volume control knob on the back of the keyboard, and do all mic adjustments using the electronic slider control found on the keyboar's screen. This will help.

It sounds as if you are overdriving the computer's sound card. Lower the computer's mic recording level to about 25 percent and this should be sufficient to aleviate the problem. If not, then it's an impedience mismatch problem, which may require the use of a pre-amp/mixer.

Hope this helps,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#95959 - 10/29/03 02:43 PM Re: Recording to mp3 with vocals?
Philip1 Offline

Thanks Gary! I'll try out your suggestions, yawn, tomorrow! :-) It's 00:42 here now! What we don't do for our love of music...

G'night all!

Philip

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online