SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#95358 - 07/11/01 01:10 PM CASIO SUPPORT SUCK!!!!!!!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Man I am PISSED! Granted I think the Casio MZ-2000 is a great board. I've been trying to sell it to get something smaller for my little apartment. EVERY dealer I've talked to have said that they think the MZ-2000 is an AWSOME keyboad, but will not sell it or take it on a trade because Casio has virtually NO support for this board. What the hell happened? It's like they designed the board and everyone just left after that. I've called them a few times for minor support and laughed as I heard the tech flipping through the pages of the manual (which I have read from front to back) and then just read to me straight from the pages of the manual. These people have no idea when it comes to operating this keyboard. They cannot provide any good technical information or help on it. Any question you ask them they just read it directly from the manual. If you email them and they can't anwser your question you don't get ANY type of response from them. It's very upsetting that what's holding my board back from selling is not the board itself, but the company support for the thing. This really sucks man! I've talked to many dealers, and my MZ is like BRAND NEW, and NO ONE will take it because of the shitty support from Casio..

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#95359 - 07/11/01 01:17 PM Re: CASIO SUPPORT SUCK!!!!!!!
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Hi squeak_D
Hmmmmm........
Looks like you're not to happy sir?
Well,I can't really help you out, but only
tell you that www.technote.com have made new
forum for Casio and Yamaha.
Not quite finished yet,but maybe worth to look at?
In the top frame line it also says support of
Casio,Yamaha,Hammond etc......
GJ

PS, you'll have to register,but it's free just as it is here at this excellent forum
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#95360 - 07/11/01 01:20 PM Re: CASIO SUPPORT SUCK!!!!!!!
Stevizard Offline

Loc: Indianapolis, IN, USA
Squeak,

I'm not knocking your board but I did warn you that Casio makes toys, not pro instruments. Your keyboard is getting the same kind of support that they provide for my son's water-gun. Sorry you're having problems selling . . .

Regards,
Steve

#95361 - 07/11/01 01:27 PM Re: CASIO SUPPORT SUCK!!!!!!!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Stevizrd,
In a way I agree with you, but you have to understand that Casio is not the only one with their toys... Yamaha and Roland both have their own toy department as well. The MZ was a huge step for Casio. I think they did quite well. Yamaha's 740 doesn't even come close in terms of sequencing, and sound editing campared to the MZ-2000. I think it would have done a lot better if they provided support for this thing.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#95362 - 07/11/01 01:36 PM Re: CASIO SUPPORT SUCK!!!!!!!
Stevizard Offline

Loc: Indianapolis, IN, USA
Squeak,

I agree with you. The MZ2000 is a REAL quality keyboard but Casio execs are still thinking "toy" and that's why you aren't seeing any more support than their toy keyboards get. It's not the keyboard that's the problem - it's Casio (like I've always said).

Hang in there,
Steve

#95363 - 07/11/01 07:33 PM Re: CASIO SUPPORT SUCK!!!!!!!
Guardman2001 Offline

Loc: USA
Hey, Squeak. I have been keeping track of the sales of MZ2000's on E-bay. They have been going for up to 900.00, w/ 7 day return option. If you list it well, you should be able to get close to this. It is probably your best option.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online