SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#95146 - 01/26/01 05:54 AM Are We All MIXED UP?
Dnj Offline

Hi Arrangerneers,
I was wondering how you people MIX a STYLE on your arranger keyboard. I hope most are not just playing with factory setups but are taking the time to do some detailed mixing of each style making your registrations shine. I will take a style, LOWER ALL tracks to zero volume first. Then start to bring up the arrangement parts to make them stand out in the mix With Out the BASS and DRUMS, eg: chord 1/2,phrase 1/2 multii pads etc (this is on the psr9000) but every keyboard has these feature. Then I start to increase bass & drums until I have the perfect mix. After that choose your solo R1< R2< R3< sounds and blend them into the mix. I do this for every registration I set up. I find that without this process that instruments seem to get lost or are too loud in real time play.It is a tedious process but in the end your sound will improve greatly.

What about you, how do you create the "PERFECT MIX"?

Donny NJ

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 01-26-2001).]

#95147 - 01/26/01 07:50 AM Re: Are We All MIXED UP?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
You'll find that working with the e.q. and effects on each style part--not just the volumes--opens up even more dimensions for you to customize. Not every keyboard can do that.
DonM

#95148 - 01/26/01 08:11 AM Re: Are We All MIXED UP?
Dnj Offline

Don,
yes you are very correct taking the process a bit further with track and sound EQ's will definitly fill the color pallett trying to avhieve that custom sound. All these adjustments are there for a reason so why not take atvantage?

Donny

#95149 - 02/02/01 07:32 PM Re: Are We All MIXED UP?
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Hello Don and Donny,
With my X1 I use the factory/custom feature to alter the voices of the styles . No registration's . Every voice of a style in each variation can be altered and saved. I also enjoy the fact that I do not have to page through menus to access the volumne controls of the parts .
Most recently I have been interchanging styles to create new mixes .
Real time mixing is I think much easier on the X1 vs PSR9000 .
That's why I have always enjoyed Ketron.
Wait til you here the SD1 . Maybe we can convert you both back to Ketron ? Dan o

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online