SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#94800 - 02/13/06 05:36 PM Re: Please Listen to: Lyin' Eyes (Eagles) performed LIVE on Tyros2 !
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by GlennT:
While you guys are bickering over the little stuff, poor Boo is out in the cold with his broken tilting mechanism... which has something to do with this thread, right?

Common give Bo some slack its
Mardi Gras Time

#94801 - 02/13/06 05:42 PM Re: Please Listen to: Lyin' Eyes (Eagles) performed LIVE on Tyros2 !
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by GlennT:
While you guys are bickering over the little stuff, poor Boo is out in the cold with his broken tilting mechanism... which has something to do with this thread, right?

Glenn ... Boo started a different thread fot the mic stand problem ....
t.

#94802 - 02/13/06 05:46 PM Re: Please Listen to: Lyin' Eyes (Eagles) performed LIVE on Tyros2 !
tony mads usa Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Rejected Idol:
Hyya fellas - NORTH? SOUTH? NORTH? SOUTH?
NORTH? SOUTH? What's it all about?
SOoooo.... "SNAP OUT OF IT"!!!! HE HE HEE

R I ... yes, WELCOME !!! and like Donny says, tell us about yourself ... not that we really care, we're just nosey as to who is hanging around !!! ... just kidding ... "Lounge Singer" ?!? ... can you do "Born Free" ??? ...
t.

#94803 - 02/13/06 07:53 PM Re: Please Listen to: Lyin' Eyes (Eagles) performed LIVE on Tyros2 !
tony mads usa Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
Anyway here's the link. I hope Scott doesn't mind my "contribution".
DonM

Don ... nice job ...
t.

#94804 - 02/13/06 08:28 PM Re: Please Listen to: Lyin' Eyes (Eagles) performed LIVE on Tyros2 !
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Sorry guys!
I hit the "Reply Icon" on this thread instead of the "New Post Icon" for the Mic stand question.

I tried to deleat it, but it seems you cannot deleat erroneous post you might have made. This is an excellent example of why one should be able to deleat a post himself.

I emailed Nigel to deleat it, but I assume he hasn't gotton to it yet.

I hope he deleats this one also.

#94805 - 02/13/06 08:32 PM Re: Please Listen to: Lyin' Eyes (Eagles) performed LIVE on Tyros2 !
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Craig_UK:
Sorry to say Scott but it's not up to your usual quality play or vocal wise. The sounds and style used were nice but the guitar solo and little twiddly bits were missing. To my ears DonM's version was better in the vocal department but I thought the Tyros 2's sounds were more realistic than DonM's guitar sound (think someone mentioned SD1 but my guitar doesnt sound like that on the SD1).
Well done to both of you for sharing your music though, I always like to listen to postings on here

Hi Craig,
Which guitar sound from the SD1 would you use on this song? I agree with you that the sound is not the best. I don't even remember which one I used, but it was either Strata or Solidbody. I love the guitar sounds on the T2. I'm told that the EXP upgrade for the SD1 brings the Ketron guitars to the T2 level.
I talked to Scottyee on the phone today and he was able to listen to the EXP upgrade at NAMM. He was very impressed with the upgrade.
Nitpicking my own song, I find that the delay on the vocal is too strong. I was actually experimenting a little, and instead of the usual 8 setting, I increased the delay on the vocal to 12. It's a little much.
Thanks,
DonM

#94806 - 02/13/06 10:53 PM Re: Please Listen to: Lyin' Eyes (Eagles) performed LIVE on Tyros2 !
lukitoh Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA, USA
Don, after you put up that version of yours, granted unperfect, but it illustrates the correct stylistic for that song IMO. It just had to be a bit "dirty" and it probably hard for someone who just not used to that "dirty" style or does not have the tonal quality/type.

Scott, after listining to the new version, it still did not fix it. Might be a good idea to give it up and try something else (other songs).

#94807 - 02/13/06 11:03 PM Re: Please Listen to: Lyin' Eyes (Eagles) performed LIVE on Tyros2 !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by lukitoh:

Scott, after listining to the new version, it still did not fix it.

Han: Not sure what you're specifically referring to here , but 'dirty or not', at least "I'm Content" with the way it sounds now. - Scott

#94808 - 02/14/06 02:13 AM Re: Please Listen to: Lyin' Eyes (Eagles) performed LIVE on Tyros2 !
lukitoh Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA, USA
What I mean by "dirty" is opposite of clean, sweet style of ballad songs. Some twangs and a bit of hoarseness here and there would probably enhanced the songs a lot.

Maybe comments of Tony Mads and Tom Cavanaugh previously are in line with mine when referring to "dirty". These people and others(including me) are your friends, Scott - so, I am sure the comments are genuine/honest and very likely valid for most of "general populations" (g). Since, you're a professional and out there to please your audiences, you probably should care about it.

#94809 - 02/14/06 08:19 AM Re: Please Listen to: Lyin' Eyes (Eagles) performed LIVE on Tyros2 !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by lukitoh:
What I mean by "dirty" is opposite of clean, sweet style of ballad songs. Some twangs and a bit of hoarseness here and there would probably enhanced the songs a lot.

Ok, I think I get your point better now, realizing that this song (lyrics) was perhaps originally written to take on a raw element of cynicism from the POV of the singer, than one of sad resignation, of which I had interpreted with my rendition. - Scott

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online