SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#94790 - 02/13/06 12:41 PM Re: Please Listen to: Lyin' Eyes (Eagles) performed LIVE on Tyros2 !
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Sorry to say Scott but it's not up to your usual quality play or vocal wise. The sounds and style used were nice but the guitar solo and little twiddly bits were missing. To my ears DonM's version was better in the vocal department but I thought the Tyros 2's sounds were more realistic than DonM's guitar sound (think someone mentioned SD1 but my guitar doesnt sound like that on the SD1).
Well done to both of you for sharing your music though, I always like to listen to postings on here

#94791 - 02/13/06 12:46 PM Re: Please Listen to: Lyin' Eyes (Eagles) performed LIVE on Tyros2 !
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
Pacesetter ... yes you are new here, and if you were not you would know that Donny has often praised Scott for his work ... you would also know that if Donny sounded a little 'Simon-esque' it's only because (as he said in his post) he KNOWS Scott can do better ... and HAS !!!

Tony.....lets face it Scott is a very good pro musician......although I didnt like THIS version of "lyin eyes" of which I wish he would of refined it a bit after getting opinions thru private emails, rerecording, making changes etc etc before he posted it here so Vibrantly with Eagle Poster fanfare etc etc ....Yamaha vocalizers can be very unforgiving in so many ways for so many reasons as many of us know....what was concering me was that as a professional who uses a website to conduct business thru its content eg: demo songs I would want the very best posted so that a paying client could make a decision based on what they were listening to and create new bookings.
Whats the big deal rercord the tune or maybe do it multitrack.......all I know I have heard better from Mr Yee.

#94792 - 02/13/06 01:12 PM Re: Please Listen to: Lyin' Eyes (Eagles) performed LIVE on Tyros2 !
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:

Low Blow? or Honest critisizm?

Low blow. In the south, which you are apparently not from, we don't talk to someone like that. Scott's a good guy, a generous guy. And all you have to say is you don't like it. But that's the difference between someone with some diplomacy and someone without.

Have nice day, Mr. Donny.

------------------
Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

#94793 - 02/13/06 02:08 PM Re: Please Listen to: Lyin' Eyes (Eagles) performed LIVE on Tyros2 !
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by SemiLiveMusic:
But that's the difference between someone with some diplomacy and someone without.

Being from the North of which I am proud of ...its called someone who looks you in the eye and tells it like it is straight up no BS !

#94794 - 02/13/06 02:44 PM Re: Please Listen to: Lyin' Eyes (Eagles) performed LIVE on Tyros2 !
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Being from the North of which I am proud of ...its called someone who looks you in the eye and tells it like it is straight up no BS !

Donny, you don't get it, do you. First you belittled him saying that he embarrassed himself. Then you said in a more recent post...

"before he posted it here so Vibrantly with Eagle Poster fanfare etc etc."

Again, belittling him for taking the time to put up a friggin poster! Geez. You REALLY don't get it!

My gosh, he just posted a song, that's all. Putting it on his website, that's just convenient. A heckuva lot more convenient than Rapidshare. As webmaster of his own site, he can rapidly take that down. Doesn't mean he would keep it there long-term.

So, you're proud of being a Yankee. That's good. Nothing wrong with pride and nothing wrong with a Yankee. And I truly mean that. That was a serious error on my part even bringing that foolishness up. I just meant that hospitality (and we typically are proud of southern hospitality) does have merit. But "telling it straight?" What's wrong with "Scott, I don't like it."

I don't mean to fight with you. I just see injustice here. If you and I were at a bar, we'd probably have a grand time drinking a cool one. Then again, we might end up fighting like mongrels, wallowing around in a big blue/grey wad on the floor.

Whatever, peace.

------------------
Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

#94795 - 02/13/06 02:50 PM Re: Please Listen to: Lyin' Eyes (Eagles) performed LIVE on Tyros2 !
Dnj Offline

Ok Bill.....Maybe my way of relating to oters is a bit brash but thats just me & I HONESTLY mean no harm or ill feelings to anyone.... I will extend an olive branch to you and the other members & from this post forward will think before I post ok?

BTW.. I love Southern Cooking & one of these days whan I get down your way to see Don M I'll take ya up on that Drink offer too my treat Gumba!!

Lets make Music!

#94796 - 02/13/06 02:52 PM Re: Please Listen to: Lyin' Eyes (Eagles) performed LIVE on Tyros2 !
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Nuthin to get upset about here. Let's not re-start the un-Civil War. I live in the South (Florida) and was raised in the South (South Philly). I can't take sides without getting a brain hemmorage.
Eddie

#94797 - 02/13/06 04:41 PM Re: Please Listen to: Lyin' Eyes (Eagles) performed LIVE on Tyros2 !
Rejected Idol Offline

Loc: St Paul, MN
Hyya fellas - NORTH? SOUTH? NORTH? SOUTH?

NORTH? SOUTH? What's it all about?

SOoooo.... "SNAP OUT OF IT"!!!! HE HE HEE

------------------
Rejected Idol

#94798 - 02/13/06 04:52 PM Re: Please Listen to: Lyin' Eyes (Eagles) performed LIVE on Tyros2 !
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Rejected Idol:
Hyya fellas - NORTH? SOUTH? NORTH? SOUTH?

NORTH? SOUTH? What's it all about?

SOoooo.... "SNAP OUT OF IT"!!!! HE HE HEE

welcome to the SZ seeing this is your first post, and a possible rejected american idol judging by your moniker? I also see that your a lounge singer? Please tell us about yourself, what you play & perform...maybe post a few songs for us? do you have a website too?

#94799 - 02/13/06 05:30 PM Re: Please Listen to: Lyin' Eyes (Eagles) performed LIVE on Tyros2 !
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
While you guys are bickering over the little stuff, poor Boo is out in the cold with his broken tilting mechanism... which has something to do with this thread, right?

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online