SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#94780 - 02/13/06 11:16 AM Re: Please Listen to: Lyin' Eyes (Eagles) performed LIVE on Tyros2 !
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Cavanaugh:
Scott,
This is just my take on the song so you may ignore my comments if you wish. I don't think the song suits your singing style. You are "crooning" the song as if it were a ballad. It needs to be sung a little dirty and not sweetly.
We once had an opera singer sing with our band. When we did "Mack the Knife" it sounded as if he were singing opera. It definitely was not the correct style for "Mack the Knife". He had a marvelous voice but the song was incorrect for his style.
I know you can do better on this tune, just "get down" a little on it. If you can do "Cattle Call" justice you can do this one also.
John Lennon used to scream himself horse before he did "Twist and Shout". I'm not sure it is worth doing that however.

The Ty2 sounds great, especially the guitars.
Tom

Tom ... I think you hit it on the head that it doesn't fit Scott's style ... I guess that's what I was thinking when I said he didn't seem comfortable with it ...

There have been many singers who have great voices who are 'out of place' with certain types of songs --- Robert Goulet for one, and many of us recall Pat Boone trying to sing "A Wop-bop-a-loo-lop a lop-bam-boom" ...

Scott ... I also agree with Tom's comments about the guitars ... can you tell us more about what YOU actually played as opposed to the Ty2 style?
t.

#94781 - 02/13/06 11:43 AM Re: Please Listen to: Lyin' Eyes (Eagles) performed LIVE on Tyros2 !
Pacesetter Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Im still trying to understand why Scott would embarass himeself with that song + put it on his website as a demo to get work...or maybe he did it on purpose to trick us? I know he can do much better.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 02-13-2006).]

Mr. Dnj, I don't comment too much on this forum because I'm pretty new here and don't have the experience many of you do. But, boy oh boy you sure do sling mud at that Scott Yee fella.

#94782 - 02/13/06 11:58 AM Re: Please Listen to: Lyin' Eyes (Eagles) performed LIVE on Tyros2 !
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Pacesetter:
Mr. Dnj, I don't comment too much on this forum because I'm pretty new here and don't have the experience many of you do. But, boy oh boy you sure do sling mud at that Scott Yee fella.

Yep, Pacesetter, I thought it was a low blow, too. But you'll notice that Donny's fingers get ahead of his brain. Notice how on almost EVERY SINGLE post he makes, it is edited. If you don't believe me, go back and look at his posts. No telling what he says originally. I don't give a damn who he THINKS he is, that's a bunch of crap. Scott did NOT embarrass himself. It was a good song, not great but better 'n I could do.

------------------
Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

#94783 - 02/13/06 12:02 PM Re: Please Listen to: Lyin' Eyes (Eagles) performed LIVE on Tyros2 !
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:

Pacesetter ... yes you are new here, and if you were not you would know that Donny has often praised Scott for his work ... you would also know that if Donny sounded a little 'Simon-esque' it's only because (as he said in his post) he KNOWS Scott can do better ... and HAS !!!
(not that I have to speak up for Dnj )
t.

#94784 - 02/13/06 12:14 PM Re: Please Listen to: Lyin' Eyes (Eagles) performed LIVE on Tyros2 !
Dnj Offline

Quote:

Its called being honest or just to be nice , not too offend etc etc ...something many here try not to do judging by their comments of songs instead ofh being honest which in reality will HELP the person who posted it ......maybe your too new here to see what I mean ....try searching a few songs offereings from years back and see if Im right.It not only happens here but on every other arranger kb forum out there ....why I dont know?.......but I do know I listen and comment and thats my opinion only...if it stinks I'll say it...if its good I'll give kudos but it will be honest. If someone gets their feelings hurt then dont post the song in the first place......
Slinging Mud? Me?

#94785 - 02/13/06 12:15 PM Re: Please Listen to: Lyin' Eyes (Eagles) performed LIVE on Tyros2 !
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by btweengigs:
Donny....
I embarass myself on a regular basis trying new things. Scott asked for feedback knowing full-well he would get a variety of opinions and advice.I, on the other hand am too chicken to ask for feedback.

Eddie at least your honest

#94786 - 02/13/06 12:23 PM Re: Please Listen to: Lyin' Eyes (Eagles) performed LIVE on Tyros2 !
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
"Mr. Dnj, I don't comment too much on this forum because I'm pretty new here and don't have the experience many of you do. But, boy oh boy you sure do sling mud at that Scott Yee fella"

I agree, but he does it in such a constructive way!!

#94787 - 02/13/06 12:27 PM Re: Please Listen to: Lyin' Eyes (Eagles) performed LIVE on Tyros2 !
Pacesetter Offline

Pardon me sir. I bet when you hit the rest room it comes out as vanilla ice cream

#94788 - 02/13/06 12:29 PM Re: Please Listen to: Lyin' Eyes (Eagles) performed LIVE on Tyros2 !
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by SemiLiveMusic:

Yep, Pacesetter, I thought it was a low blow, too. But you'll notice that Donny's fingers get ahead of his brain. Notice how on almost EVERY SINGLE post he makes, it is edited. If you don't believe me, go back and look at his posts. No telling what he says originally. I don't give a damn who he THINKS he is, that's a bunch of crap. Scott did NOT embarrass himself. It was a good song, not great but better 'n I could do.

Low Blow? or Honest critisizm?
I aint gonna BS anyone or give some fantasy reply .....ya got the goods I'll give it up for ya ....you aint got it your gonna hear my opinion pro or con ......editing and all, but for anyone that knows me that in person will always get the UNEDITED answer straight up face to face....thats what a discussion forum is all about .....
unless the rules changed? T2/sd1, pax,3k, G70 tc etc dont mean squat to me .....what does matter is WHAT DOES IT SOUND LIKE?

Have a nice day Mr Bill.

#94789 - 02/13/06 12:31 PM Re: Please Listen to: Lyin' Eyes (Eagles) performed LIVE on Tyros2 !
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
[BI agree, but he does it in such a constructive way!![/B]

Correction Fran..."Honest Way"

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online