SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#94760 - 02/12/06 07:15 AM Re: Please Listen to: Lyin' Eyes (Eagles) performed LIVE on Tyros2 !
loungelyzard Offline

Loc: North Eastern Calif.
Scotty:
After a half hour of downloading on my lousy dialup I gave up and only got to listen to about half of your song.

Nice voice and a nice rendition of the eagles popular tune. Not quite Eagles but still nice. On that harmonizer thing (no big deal) you might check the settings on the vocalizer for auto/chord maybe a left thumb changing the harmony??? I've found using multi on fingering and in the chord mode on the harmonizer you can make the vocals dance around the lead and give a more realistic backing, or can mess things up if you don't have a ear tuned to what those voices are doing.
Also listening to your singing was pleased to hear your voice automatically trying to close up some gaps by sustaining words out, to me this shows your talent. Think the song should be speeded up taking it more to a country rock speed and less of a ballad, to get closer to the Eagles and make the words fit in the time frame.
Not criticising here scotty, Just saying how I would go about it. Its fine the way it is, and Most audiences would love it.
Thanks for sharing it with us......Pose

#94761 - 02/12/06 07:21 AM Re: Please Listen to: Lyin' Eyes (Eagles) performed LIVE on Tyros2 !
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
Hi Scott
Thanks for the posting of "Lyin Eyes" which I listened to just once so as to get an original personal opinion without stripping it down!
For me, it's not one of your best .
Your diction in the vocal is clear and audible , as always. Even better now with your latest mic.
As a 'one-off' recording(which you intended it to be) it's OK but I don't think you should keep it on your webpage because it doesn't do you justice.I know from having listened to most of your songs that you are an accomplished musician/vocalist who entertains us with your talent.
It also doesn't do justice to Tyros2 because you don't USE it !
I have a suggestion.
Don Mason did me a special CD a while ago which was recorded during a live gig and it was so natural that I listen to it time and time again. It has genuine live gig entertainment feeling together with the 'reverb' you get from a live show.He used a Creative Nomad Jukebox plugged in to the keyboard and then burned to CD with a result that was so natural.
I believe that you should record also in this way for some of your songs and I am sure I would hear the 'real ' Scott!
Please let me hear more of your songs in real 'realtime' because I am convinced that you are an even better professional than some of your recordings tell us.
Hope these suggestions are taken in the way intended, i.e. as constuctive ideas I would like you to take on board.
Whatever you do ,please continue to let us hear your vocals.
cheers
Eddie

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

#94762 - 02/12/06 12:01 PM Re: Please Listen to: Lyin' Eyes (Eagles) performed LIVE on Tyros2 !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by eddiefromrotherham:

As a 'one-off' recording(which you intended it to be) it's OK but I don't think you should keep it on your webpage because it doesn't do you justice.

Ok Eddie, after giving it thought, I've now removed it from my website. For those still interested in hearing it, it's still available for free downloaded via Rapid Share.de: HERE

Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 02-14-2006).]

#94763 - 02/12/06 12:44 PM Re: Please Listen to: Lyin' Eyes (Eagles) performed LIVE on Tyros2 !
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Scott, I liked it. First of all, you've done a good job of showcasing the T2 for this style and I liked what I heard from the T2. As far as your singing, I've come to expect that you will interject your own trademark style rather than try to emulate the origional recording, and to that extent, it works well.

As far as the song sounding "long", if I were to do it, I'd up the key a half tone at least once ~ 2/3 into the song. Don't think the Eagles did, but they're the Eagles. Overall, well done.

Glenn

#94764 - 02/12/06 09:25 PM Re: Please Listen to: Lyin' Eyes (Eagles) performed LIVE on Tyros2 !
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Scott, would you believe, somebody requested "Lyin' Eyes" tonight. I somehow had misnamed it on the laptop so I couldn't pull up the lyrics and chords. Had to do it totally from memory, but it didn't come out too bad. I remember the words o.k., but I struggled some with the chord changes and riffs. It got better as the song went on.
Wanna hear it?
DonM

#94765 - 02/12/06 09:42 PM Re: Please Listen to: Lyin' Eyes (Eagles) performed LIVE on Tyros2 !
beachbum Offline

Loc: Austin
Hey Scottyee,
I liked it.. Had a nice honest take I found refreshing... Well done...

#94766 - 02/12/06 10:06 PM Re: Please Listen to: Lyin' Eyes (Eagles) performed LIVE on Tyros2 !
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Anyway here's the link. I hope Scott doesn't mind my "contribution".
As you can tell by listening, it's live, mistakes and all. Recorded directly from the headphone outputs from the Ketron SD1 to Creative Labs Jukebox 3. I recorded it in WAV format, then converted to MP3 at 196. It is REAllY big because I recorded the entire song, nearly 8 minutes. So you had better be a glutton for punishment if you download the MP3 version. I also encoded a version with WMA at 96 bpm, so it will not be nearly as long. http://207.150.221.97/donmason/Temp%20Songs/
DonM

#94767 - 02/13/06 05:06 AM Re: Please Listen to: Lyin' Eyes (Eagles) performed LIVE on Tyros2 !
retal Offline

Loc: Tel-aviv, Israel
Douno scott... i might be new here, but your SONG OWNS it really looks you got a full band, all nice tunes, great sound.. owns

btw, no one playing electronic? dance? something new? hehe... im the only young person here? ok if old, whereis phil collins, genesis, pet shop boys, george michael

#94768 - 02/13/06 06:29 AM Re: Please Listen to: Lyin' Eyes (Eagles) performed LIVE on Tyros2 !
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Well maybe I'm dumb or summat but I can't get to grips with Rapidshare at all...never have I seen such badly designed web stuff - at no stage was it clear what to do next for me.
So Scott me old mate I never got to listen to Lyin Eyes and it's one of my favorites too and I just know you'd have made a great job of it...ah well some things are just beyond my wit, shucks...
Rog

#94769 - 02/13/06 06:45 AM Re: Please Listen to: Lyin' Eyes (Eagles) performed LIVE on Tyros2 !
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Roger ... go to the bottom of the 'RapidShare" page and click 'Free'... then scroll to the bottom of the page that comes up and enter the letters shown (in color) into the box provided and click on 'Download from....'
t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 02-13-2006).]

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online