SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#93242 - 10/27/05 10:18 PM Re: My New Tyros 2 is in the mail :)
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Whaaaat??????

I can't hear you..... Palare Italiano???
Must be your Italien accent.
I have no idea what you are talking about.

Eric

#93243 - 10/28/05 05:45 AM Re: My New Tyros 2 is in the mail :)
Route 66 Offline

Loc: Braganca, Portugal
I hear you, Andrea! Won't buy a Tyros 2 (for now... ). I'm having fun playing my new Midjay! -- José.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer:
Hey,
I don't want a keyboard that everybody else owns, so -please- stop buying the Tyros 2! Don't even think about buying it... you hear me?

#93244 - 10/28/05 06:52 AM Re: My New Tyros 2 is in the mail :)
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Route 66:
I'm having fun playing my new Midjay! -- José.

Olá José, Parabéns!

Did you sell/trade your Tyros1? What keyboard/keyboard controller are you using to trigger the Midjay? I hope you'll post some MP3 song recordings of you playing the Midjay. Obrigado. - Scott

#93245 - 10/28/05 08:44 AM Re: My New Tyros 2 is in the mail :)
pasadoble Offline

Loc: Portsmouth, England.UK
Here's another UK member taking the Tyros 2 plunge, upgrading from a PSR3000 which I've only had since January this year, but the Tyros 2 is the one to have, will give you all my thoughts when it arrives...in about 2 weeks time.

#93246 - 10/28/05 08:46 AM Re: My New Tyros 2 is in the mail :)
Route 66 Offline

Hi Scott!

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Olá José, Parabéns!
Did you sell/trade your Tyros1?

No, I didn't. I'm keeping my 'beloved' Tyros, and don't plan to sell it so soon. I just like the "characters" of both instruments.

Quote:
What keyboard/keyboard controller are you using to trigger the Midjay?

Several. Tyros1, my Kurzweil KME-61, a 88-note Technics P30 hammer weighted digital piano. For tonight's gig I bring a minimalistic setup: the Kurz, the Midjay and the PAS. If you accepted to control the arranger functions in the MidJay, no configuration (different channels for different L/R parts) is needed! Just plug the midi cable and play.

Quote:
I hope you'll post some MP3 song recordings of you playing the Midjay. Obrigado. - Scott

I will record a couple of songs, I promise, but not right away.

A little justification for my decision: I both miss the Ketron sound for some music styles and like the versatility of this little box that one can carry under the arm. I think I'll give a lot of use to it in group rehersals, practice, etc. For now, in my main gigs I will continue to bring the Tyros.

-- José.

#93247 - 10/28/05 08:54 AM Re: My New Tyros 2 is in the mail :)
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Jose, I think I mentioned that I am trying hard to decide to use the Midjay instead of SD1. I am leaving now for HankB's house to borrow the MJ again. I have all weekend to check it out with my NEW BOSE pa.
DonM

#93248 - 10/28/05 09:13 AM Re: My New Tyros 2 is in the mail :)
Route 66 Offline

Yes Don, you did mention that. All the SD1 styles work in the MidJay. The latter seems more versatile for live use (MP3 playing, hard disk recording), but of course you have to get used to the new setup to feel comfortable with it. You can control it with whatever controller you find more apropriate: a 88 weighted one for the pleasure, or a kid's 4/5 octave casio with a midi out plug!
Have fun this weekend!
-- José.
PS: Sorry guys, for highjacking the thread...

[This message has been edited by Route 66 (edited 10-28-2005).]

#93249 - 10/28/05 09:31 AM Re: My New Tyros 2 is in the mail :)
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
José, I certainly understand the advantage of having both Yamaha & Ketron types of sounds & styles at your fingertips, as each have different strengths and weaknesses. Since you own both now, I hope you might share your thoughts on this.

Which is better for what genres/styles of music, performance style, etc. Thanks. - Scott

#93250 - 10/28/05 10:44 AM Re: My New Tyros 2 is in the mail :)
Shade of pale Offline

Loc: Allen, TX, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
Jose, I think I mentioned that I am trying hard to decide to use the Midjay instead of SD1. I am leaving now for HankB's house to borrow the MJ again. I have all weekend to check it out with my NEW BOSE pa.
DonM

Don,
Can you controll arranger's function: eg- fills, variations, style changing straight from Midjay control panel, do they have seperate buttons for each. thanks!

Tye

SD9, Audya5, Genos, Roland XP60, 2 Yamaha DSR12, 2 Yamaha Sub, 2 Turbosound 2000

#93251 - 10/28/05 11:52 AM Re: My New Tyros 2 is in the mail :)
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by Route 66:
I hear you, Andrea! Won't buy a Tyros 2 (for now... ). I'm having fun playing my new Midjay! -- José.

HA-HA! I TOLD YOU that there was a Midjay in your future, remember? (Now, don't have me search the thread, but it was the same where you complained about the loss of the Bachata style, right?)
Josč, I am VERY happy that you have a Midjay now, and -to tell you the truth- I am presently considering buying one as well, because I too have lots of old SD1 styles and -besides- have found it at a relatively low price (about 1000 euros).
Now, hear my next prediction: the Tyros 2 has a Bachata style! And lots of good latin styles as well! And the best Acoustic Guitar and the best Tenor Saxophone and the best Trumpets I have ever heard in any arranger or synth, bar none: do you hear me?

There is a Tyros 2 in your future, menino!

Ciao!

Andrea

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online