SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#91970 - 01/28/05 06:55 PM Help with vocal harmony???????
musicman37 Offline

PSR3000.
I can turn the vocal harmony off and on with a foot pedal, but, can I not trigger the effect during live performance with the pedal also????
Gary, this question is probaly an easy one for you. Remember everyone, I'm new to the keyboard scene and love every minute I spend here in the forums.
Phil

#91971 - 01/28/05 07:45 PM Re: Help with vocal harmony???????
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Yes you can store one registration with VH on and another with VH off, eliminating the option of hitting the foot pedal.
Eddie

#91972 - 01/28/05 07:49 PM Re: Help with vocal harmony???????
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
If you want to turn the effects on or off with a foot pedal, it's another assignment of the pedal. You would have to assign a second pedal to TALK ON/OFF. This is done is easily done by pressing the DIRECT ACCESS button then stepping on the foot pedal and scrolling down to talk. Save the information to pedal setting on a registration. If you're running out of pedals, which can be easy to do, merely assign the same information to a couple special registrations, one for ON and another for OFF.

Good Luck,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#91973 - 01/28/05 08:53 PM Re: Help with vocal harmony???????
musicman37 Offline

Actually, I dont have a problem with turning voc. harmony on and off, It's the actual effect that it produces like instead of having to hold a left hand chord for the other parts of the harmony to kick in. I was hoping that I would be able to just hit the pedal at that certain part in a song instead of having to hold a chord. Any chance it works for that?

Phil

#91974 - 01/29/05 06:31 AM Re: Help with vocal harmony???????
travlin'easy Offline

Phil, The TALK ON/OFF assignment to the foot peldal will take care of that.

Gary

#91975 - 01/29/05 07:52 AM Re: Help with vocal harmony???????
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Phil,
Are you talking about Style play, or sequence play? You can trigger the harmonizer in sequence play with the footpedal without playing the chords, but you have to change the settings in the harmonizer set-up. It has to be set to the channel in which the chords are encoded.
I don't have a Yammy in front of me, but I'm sure someone can help here.
DonM

#91976 - 01/29/05 01:01 PM Re: Help with vocal harmony???????
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Don's Yammyless.....

#91977 - 01/29/05 01:42 PM Re: Help with vocal harmony???????
musicman37 Offline

Yes, I did forget that I needed a style to be playing before it would know to initiate the harmony. I was just trying a pedal with nothing playing at all, DUH. Couldnt get no harmony that way, but with a style playing then the harmonizer would have the chord structures to create the harmony, Right?? GARY, on the contrary, wouldnt the talk on/off stop the vocal harmony? I know it suspends all vocal effects until turned off. Anyhoo, I will try with some styles and such and get back to you all later.
THANKS, Phil

#91978 - 01/29/05 02:05 PM Re: Help with vocal harmony???????
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Actually the style doesn't have to be running, but you have to be holding the keys down.
DonM

#91979 - 01/29/05 05:19 PM Re: Help with vocal harmony???????
travlin'easy Offline

Yes, the talk on/off stops the harmony. The effects I was referring to was the reverb, echo, etc--not the harmony. Sorry, I misunderstood your question.

Gary

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online