I ahve been using Acid Pro 5 to do some home recording. I wanted to 'clean out' some files, and looking in the Acid Pro project folder I noticed that, along with the .acd (Acid Pro) file extension, each track also had a file with (I think) the DELL's music player logo ... When I clicked on the DELL file, the music player opened and the track would play ... When I clicked on the corresponding acd file, it would open, and I could play that as well ...Figuring that somehow the DELL file was a by-product of the Acid software, and seeing the .acd files sitting there, I figured I could delete the 'DELL' files ... Well, it wasn't until after I got finished and tried to load an acd file that I got the "File not found at this location" message ... A check of other acd files got the same result, and I got a VERY sick feeling in my stomach ... SURE ENOUGH, by deleting the 'DELL' files, I deleted the original acd files as well ...
Fortunately, I had 'rendered' almost all the tunes to another file as wav files, and had also put some on CD ...
HOWEVER,I would like to convert the wav files to acd files for future editing, revisions, etc. ... Is this possible???
thnx,
t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 05-31-2005).]