SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#90265 - 09/05/01 12:48 PM Re: George or DanO, I 've got a Question?
freddynl Offline

Loc: netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
Oh NO !!! A TV out ????? Pleeeease tell me you're not thinking about a "K" type show?
( I can't even say the word!)
I've said it)

Dave
I never understood WHY you disliked GEM...
It's obvious now

Seriously though, Karaoke ( I can say the word) is not a problem at all in Europe and no real competition for musicians.
It exists as a gimmic and fun, but also is used at schools during music lessons to teach boys/girls some feeling for measures, some feeling for singing etc...

Then there are a lot of solo pro-keyboard entertainers who do one night there usual performance and another night a karaoke evening.

Afterall performing music is for a large part intended to amuse people anyway.!
Whether you appreciate real performance , midi performance , even dj alike, The majority of the audience couldn't care less how you manage your performance.
As the majority of the professional musicians are not in the top ten charts, they need to make a living, and if that requires to do a karaoke evening, there's nothing wrong with that.

so I think I disagree

Fred

#90266 - 09/05/01 01:02 PM Re: George or DanO, I 've got a Question?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by freddynl:

As the majority of the professional musicians are not in the top ten charts, they need to make a living, and if that REQUIRES to do a karaoke evening, there's nothing wrong with that.

eeek! If I end up having to host karaoke shows, I'll be the first to 'get out' of the music entertainment business !

#90267 - 09/05/01 10:53 PM Re: George or DanO, I 've got a Question?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Dave, the only time I use it is twice a year. Once at my kid's school to help with Christmas songs, and again at my wife's church Christmas party.
Both are freebies.
Don

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online