SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#90224 - 06/10/05 11:35 PM Has anyone tried this?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
New Studiomaster rack-mount mixer with effects. http://www.riksmusic.com/studiomaster/c3x.htm

George or DanO, do you have them?
DonM

[This message has been edited by DonM (edited 06-10-2005).]

#90225 - 06/11/05 07:50 AM Re: Has anyone tried this?
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Don,
I don't know anything about this product except for what I just looked up on the internet. It seems that studiomaster went out of business but a company called Phoenix Pro Systems is using the studiomaster manufacturing facilities to build products under the Phoenix Pro name. I guess for this product they wanted to use the Studiomaster name. I did a google search and found this information. The product looks good and the list price is about $400.00 from what I can see, but when I had some studiomaster products some years back, the build quallity always seemed not as pro as many other brands I carried.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#90226 - 06/11/05 09:43 AM Re: Has anyone tried this?
DonM Offline

Thanks George. I'm looking for a single-rackspace mixer with effects. Around 6 channels. I have a Toa but it has no effects.
If you come across something, let me know.
Don

#90227 - 06/12/05 09:02 AM Re: Has anyone tried this?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Don, one of my distributors is now handling Phonic products...check out the link..including a mixer that may work for you...I have no hands on ..yet..
http://www.phonic.com/partner/modules/product_explor/products_detail.php?product_id=138

#90228 - 06/12/05 09:15 AM Re: Has anyone tried this?
DonM Offline

Thanks Fran, I don't need a powered mixer, since I used powered speakers. I didn't see a rackmount unpowered with effects there.
Don

#90229 - 06/12/05 09:23 AM Re: Has anyone tried this?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Don, I used the same Toa with my SE50[Boss] effects, in a two space bag....but I find it hard to beat the Alesis Multimix 6 FX mixer...it is so small[footprint] , and sits on my keyboard..

#90230 - 07/01/05 09:31 AM Re: Has anyone tried this?
DonM Offline

HankB and I acquired one of the new Studiomaster CX3s. I tried it last night on the job. It works great, sounds great, and seems to be just what I need.
I like the vocal effects. Need to tweek them a little more probably when I get time.
I ran my mic into the SD1, then out of the mic output into the mixer. This way I get the vocal harmonizer from the SD1 and the e.q. and effects from the CX.
After I get everything set up, I'll try to make a photo.
DonM

#90231 - 07/08/05 03:45 PM Re: Has anyone tried this?
George Kaye Offline

Don,
Wow!is all I can say! I contacted Studiomaster's sales rep and he came in and showed me the C3X mixer with effects.
I bought them! They arrived yesterday and these are fantastic mixers for under $300.00. They sound great, are only 1 rack space and for the musician with a couple of powered monitors and needing something small and easy to transport, it's a winner!
Channel 1, 2, 3 and 4 can be XLR balanced mic inputs or 1/4" balanced or unbalanced inputs. Channel 1 has it's own level, lo, mid and hi eq and monitor level and effects level, which can be used with the internal effects or with external effects.
Channel 2, 3 and 4 have their own level knobs but share one lo, mid and hi eq and mon. and aux/dsp control.
Channel 5/6 , 7/8, 9/10, 11/12 are 1/4" or RCA stereo channels and the quarter inch jacks are either balanced or unbalanced and all have their own level knobs and share one lo and hi eq and one mon. and one aux/dsp knob.
The effects feature 3 preset vocal effects and 4 reverb effects plus one effect which is a combination of echo and reverb. The delays can be adjusted from 10ms to 720ms and there is a regeneration control (number of repeats) from 10% to 90%.
You can send the effects to the monitor or the main or both and there is a master volume and master monitor volume.
Two of the mic inputs are in the front with all the other jacks in the rear.
There are XLR balanced outputs and RCA outputs.
Thank you Don for making me aware of this mixer. I will surely sell alot of them!
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#90232 - 07/08/05 03:46 PM Re: Has anyone tried this?
George Kaye Offline

By the way, Studiomaster is not the company I thought went out of business! I was thinking of another UK company who makes mixers.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
(Retired 2021)

#90233 - 07/08/05 04:28 PM Re: Has anyone tried this?
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Don, have you tried running your mic through the SD1 (without using mic out)? What's cool is that you can then save specific effects settings for each song in registration.

Glenn

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online