SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#86714 - 01/14/05 03:14 AM How to buy a good recliner chair
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Sometime soon, I need to do the shopping for my mom to buy a new recliner as hers is shot. She is on limited income. Anyone have any tips?

Reason I ask this is I see so many people buy recliners that look good and don't last, they are just absolute crap. Of course, you could solve the whole dillemma by buying an expensive one. Money talks, more or less.

Just wondering if there are some things one can look for to find a decent one that won't fall apart and is reasonably priced. Also, I understand that furniture has a huge markup, so wondering if anyone has any good tips on how much you can work them down for a recliner.

#86715 - 01/14/05 07:36 AM Re: How to buy a good recliner chair
loungelyzard Offline

Loc: North Eastern Calif.
Walk into a business that sells Lazyboy, flop down about $500.00 and walk out with a Leather recliner.

We bought a matched pair 26 years ago still work perfect very comfortable and Lazyboy is the only one that has the click back feature (their patent). Had to fight the wife over the choice of leather, she wanted cloth and flowers or something, after a couple of weeks of using the leather you could'nt pry her out of it.

After about twenty years I took leather dye (kiwi/Walmart) and went over the arm rests and where your head hits, looks brand new, still the most comfortable chair around in my opinion, would'nt own one without the click back feature.

I bet most of our friends has purchased half a dozen chairs each since we've had these. none lazyboys.

cheers pose/Recliner user 1st grade

------------------
Support the arts
FEED a Musician
Cheers....Pose

#86716 - 01/14/05 08:22 PM Re: How to buy a good recliner chair
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
I've never owned one, but heard good things about Lazyboy... probably the best bang for the buck.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online