SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#86193 - 04/19/05 08:00 PM Lowered blood pressure!!!
KN_Fan Offline

Hi all,
I think I posted a while ago that I was looking for a new job, etc...well, it's week three and things are going great. I didn't know how relaxed I've been until I went to the doctor today (for annual check up). The nurse took my blood pressure and it was at 110/66!!!

That is the LOWEST in probably FIVE years!

I have to thank my medication for that...but more importantly, this new job definitely has much lower stress than my previous one!

Just had to share with you all

#86194 - 04/20/05 04:47 AM Re: Lowered blood pressure!!!
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
hi kn,i,m glad that all is well,you was concerned about making a new direction in your life, and you made the right choice,just think back to how things would be if you stayed,mike

#86195 - 04/20/05 06:12 AM Re: Lowered blood pressure!!!
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Sounds like you're on the right track. Now, if you want to get off the medication and still keep that blood pressure down, head for the gym, hop on the treadmill, then jump on the South Beach Diet. I've lost 50 pounds and now tip the scales at 175, which for someone standing 5-11 is right on the money. Before South Beach I was taking beta blocker, and cholesteral lower drugs. Now, the only thing I take is one aspirin daily along with a fish oil capsule--that's it! Blood pressure 110/55 with a resting pulse rate of 55 to 60. All the bloodwork is the best it has been in two decades.

Donny Pesce (DNJ) has dumped approximately 90 pounds using South Beach, and for the first time in years is feeling healthy. He now has more stamina, does not get short of breath when walking, and wears size large shirts. When I get the time to head north again, I'll post some new photos of how he looks. You're not going to believe what you see when you get a look at the NEW DNJ.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#86196 - 04/20/05 12:59 PM Re: Lowered blood pressure!!!
MrEd Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
Sounds like you're on the right track. Now, if you want to get off the medication and still keep that blood pressure down, head for the gym, hop on the treadmill, then jump on the South Beach Diet.....

Cheers,
Gary

My blood pressure goes up when I use the treadmill!

But it goes up in a good way, right?

[This message has been edited by MrEd (edited 04-20-2005).]

#86197 - 04/20/05 02:48 PM Re: Lowered blood pressure!!!
MrEd Offline

KN_Fan

Things are looking up for you (except your blood pressure ) Thats good.

Hope the new job allows you more time for music.

To me, music is a great stress reliever
(unless its my kid's music )

Ed

#86198 - 04/20/05 04:18 PM Re: Lowered blood pressure!!!
travlin'easy Offline

Ed,

Both your pulse and blood pressure will go up initially, then the blood pressure will fall as your small blood vessels dialate to allow the increased bloodflow necessary to fuel your body's additional burdon for oxygen. Kinda' complicated, but the bottom line is exercise and diet works.

Cheers,

Gary

#86199 - 04/20/05 04:59 PM Re: Lowered blood pressure!!!
KN_Fan Offline

Yeah, right now I'm also parked about 7-10 blocks away from my building so AT LEAST I walk about 20 blocks/day. That's free cardio if you asked me

If it goes at this rate, I guess I WILL be off the blood pressure medication by summer!!!

#86200 - 04/20/05 10:53 PM Re: Lowered blood pressure!!!
MrEd Offline

About 4 weeks ago, I started doing something that I have not done in my 50+ years ... jump-rope.

It was so frustrating at 1st. Couldn't keep the rope going for 10 seconds without tripping on the rope or hitting myself in the back of the head with it.

I started out real slow, averaging less than 1 jump per second. Heck, it might have been 1 jump every 2 seconds. Thats why I was getting hit in the back of the head with it...
it wasn't turning fast enough

I never thought that I'd be doing 120 to 200 jumps per set but thats where i'm at now.

About 12 weeks ago I got into a weight-reducing competition with some friends at work. I started eating better, reducing my portion sizes into 6 meals a day.
My weight was dropping but when I added the exercise of jump rope, everything was toning up nicely and more pounds per week started to melt away. Dropped 3 pants sizes.

Still have a way to go before I get to the fitness level that Gary and Donny have achieved but I will continue working at it.

#86201 - 04/21/05 06:17 AM Re: Lowered blood pressure!!!
travlin'easy Offline

Stick with it guys. If I can do it at age 65, you youngsters will breeze through this.

Gary

#86202 - 04/21/05 07:46 AM Re: Lowered blood pressure!!!
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Gary... Congrats to you and Donny, also MrEd. If you can achieve results with diet, exercise, and life style, you're WAAAAAAAAY better off than using medication. There is no pharmacidical without side effects, some of which become serious enough to require additional drugs... a situation which, unfortunately, many adults, especially seniors, are in.

Eat more fruits, vegatables, whole grains, (and nothing white), exercise properly, and be healthy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online